PML 520i experience... who going sat 15th noon session?

Khimwoon

Neutral Newbie

i going for the noon session on sat tomorrow 15th...

any mcf-er also going?

can meet up chat chat...

↡ Advertisement

Pardon my bluntness, this slowest in-line 4 stripped down BMW with a single exhuast tip is a joke.

Regards,

Edited by Kelpie

Neutral Newbie

hahah its a free event... jus go down and have fun... makan buffet and get freebie...

i went for the C class challange also... quite fun...

own car where got dare to drive like that... [lipsrsealed]

Just to add on... this car needs good advertising and packaging for its lack of "intrinsic" value .... PML will be banging big on this... and soon we will have it quite as common as camrys and accords...

Just to add on... this car needs good advertising and packaging for its lack of "intrinsic" value .... PML will be banging big on this... and soon we will have it quite as common as camrys and accords...

IMHO, buying a Beemer is about its in-line 6. This 520i lacks basic stuff like what most premuim cars in this class would have leh, for example cruise control. and that 3 out of place air-con knobs. There is this joke that this is the easiest BMW to manipluate due to the fewer interfaces. All this for a list price of $168,800? 2L in-line 4 engine, 156bhp, 0-100 is 10.6 secs. I think if you are willing to buy it, you probably think nothing about BMW in-line 6 and just aftering its look and logo. 523i is about $15K difference and is a better buy.

Regards,

if Ferrari put in a IL4 engine into their F430 and sell it for $200k... i wonder how many will buy.

if Honda put in a V10 500bhp with sequential gearbox, LSD, lambo beating design, and sell it for $400k as NSX-R, i wonder how many will buy.

or Cherry putting in IL6 3.0L BMW engine with Lotus Exige chassis, and Audi interior, selling for $168k ... how many would buy?

almost every woman wants to be seen with a PVC LV/Gucci. not over engineered/designed nappa leather with carbon fiber buckles Charles & Keith.

Yes, branding is important.

over engineered/designed nappa leather with carbon fiber buckles Charles & Keith

[laugh] .. i like your analogy [laugh] ..

Yes, I like your analogy.

I am not anti-BMW but somehow I cannot understand how come some people can buy a lowly 320i or 520i? To me these are the people after brand and image and the car speaks alot about their mentality.

if Ferrari put in a IL4 engine into their F430 and sell it for $200k... i wonder how many will buy.

if Honda put in a V10 500bhp with sequential gearbox, LSD, lambo beating design, and sell it for $400k as NSX-R, i wonder how many will buy.

or Cherry putting in IL6 3.0L BMW engine with Lotus Exige chassis, and Audi interior, selling for $168k ... how many would buy?

almost every woman wants to be seen with a PVC LV/Gucci. not over engineered/designed nappa leather with carbon fiber buckles Charles & Keith.

Yes, branding is important.

I wouldn't think that far or the impossible, comparing 520i with its peer is good enough a comparsion and it shows the obvious downside of 520i. Yes, branding is important.

Regards,

Edited by Kelpie

I am not anti-BMW but somehow I cannot understand how come some people can buy a lowly 320i or 520i? To me these are the people after brand and image and the car speaks alot about their mentality.

It is $168,000 leh, and 523i is just $15K more. How much is $15k against $168,000? What is another 15k to someone who can afford a Beemer? Could be marketing strategy, price the next level so close to persude people to pay more and get a better car [laugh]. 520i give me an idea for someone who barely makes it. Before someone starts saying we're are the envy lot, lets put it this way, I have better use of the money than to "invest" on brand and image to get a 520i.

Regards,

How about people who buy the Mercedes-Benz S300? This model is so 'lowly' that it's not even sold in the USA or Europe!

Or for that matter people who buy a Mini One, VW Jetta 1.6 or Corolla Axio (without tachometer)?

Why is everyone so worked up about the 520i in particular?

Neutral Newbie

back from the event... nice buffet... its was held at the changi exhibition hall there... the aerospace event ground...

the straight road leading in was wonderful !!!!

smooth... straight... wide... even my sunny can reach NSHW speed...

back to the event... simple e-brake... simple avoid lane change etc...

the 520 nice to drive... but clearly underpowered...

feel like a normal 2.0 camry like that...

for 168k... think i got the money i also wont buy... rather get the alfa romeo 3.2 Q4 at that price or passat 3.2 Q4 or wat ever... haha [sleeping]

beemer lover dont shoot me... jus saying wat i feel... i love beemer... but only the 335i coupe etc...

Neutral Newbie

I stand by your viewpoint,

but bro can also think about it in another way, these people can afford to dispose 168k off their hand.

however these people i believe are rare in numbers. most just barely scrap to pay the 1 thousand installments.

but what i still dun get it, until now and its increasing, beemers and mercs are a common lot in hdb carparks. i mean if you do have the cash why not upgrade to private property? makes a lot sense with the hard earned money...

well to each his own..i guess.

↡ Advertisement