PML 520i experience... who going sat 15th noon session?

Khimwoon

Honestly speaking, currently I cannot afford even a 320i, much less a 520i. However in the perspective of a 3 series and 5 series, 320i and 520i is relatively lowly compared to other trims - this is what I mean. However I am confident I will be able to afford one in near future and if that day comes, I will rather choose to splurge on a penthouse first. To be fair, there are some who loves a car more than themselves or anything else. I have no right to criticize them.

↡ Advertisement

Relax. We are not flaming the ride. We are just discussing about the hardware under the bonnet of 520i and whether it is worth the money for a beemer badge. I believe beemer owners take pride in BMW V6 engines.

wah .. 520 lowly ha? .. [sweatdrop]

To some people, for the amount he pays for a car, car must have minimum XXX BHP(thier most important criteria), simply bcos cars arent cheap in SG. I recalled when I bot my CIVIC VTEC years ago, I feel happy n proud of myself. I grin from ear to ear whenever I overtake any car that cost more, whether its bcos the other driver was slow driving type or bcos that car had lesser BHP than my CIVIC. I laugh at the stupidity of these car owners just like some of you, altho I couldnt afford those cars n thot I was very smart to own a 'better car' for less $$.

This all changed onced I larngar my CIVIC. I realised my CIVIC though packed with BHP in a light chassis('value for $$') was in effect also lacking in many other areas despite the 'cheaper' price I paid relative to some car which cost more n were slower. No traction control, floating feeling on NSH, etc. Without a car after the larngar, for almost 6 months thereafter, I often get lifts from a to b from some more well off friends in their larger camry, BMW, Merc, audi, etc. Then I realised why these cars cost more than my CIVIC and had less BHP bcos the extra $$ they paid went into other good things that made the car what it is. From then on, my boy racing days are over.

Branding n marketing is of cos important. but there is also a reason why something cost more. the old saying ' u get wht you pay for' cant be more true

Edited by Ahbengdriver

Very well said bro. If I might further add onto the points you've raised, torque is also as (if not more) important than just the raw BHP alone. I am quite amazed really at people who go around quoting BHP figures without a care for the torque figure.

back from the event... nice buffet... its was held at the changi exhibition hall there... the aerospace event ground...

the straight road leading in was wonderful !!!!

smooth... straight... wide... even my sunny can reach NSHW speed...

back to the event... simple e-brake... simple avoid lane change etc...

the 520 nice to drive... but clearly underpowered...

feel like a normal 2.0 camry like that...

for 168k... think i got the money i also wont buy... rather get the alfa romeo 3.2 Q4 at that price or passat 3.2 Q4 or wat ever... haha [sleeping]

beemer lover dont shoot me... jus saying wat i feel... i love beemer... but only the 335i coupe etc...

i'd rather get a lexus...lexus has a 5 star NCAP rating in crash tests and build quality is excellent..and it can really give BMW a run for its $$$

bro,

you have started another debate that Lexus is an expensive re-brand of Toyota

mark x will gives is250 a run for its $$$

i'd rather get a lexus...lexus has a 5 star NCAP rating in crash tests and build quality is excellent..and it can really give BMW a run for its $$$

Some how I feel that a 5-series without the IL-6 is a big mistakeshakehead.gifshakehead.gifshakehead.gif no more a 'driver's car'thumbsdown.gif

to end this Debate, will someone please buy my 5er (ala Mocca ad)?

Many non factory options and swee licence plate.

Best of all, from direct owner,condition and history guaranteed, price at $122k only!!!

good pt bro...

i thk age matters too....when i was younger also damn gian speed, bhp, mods....now speed becomes secondary and appreciating more of the other aspects... laugh.gif

Some how I feel that a 5-series without the IL-6 is a big mistakeshakehead.gifshakehead.gifshakehead.gif no more a 'driver's car'thumbsdown.gif

You see 520i uses the same engine from 320i too and the price difference is 30K. So 30K is really the extra in the interior.

Regards,

↡ Advertisement