Matix

Possible to get rid of cigarette smell in old cars?

I am thinking of bidding for an auction car. Some of the cars, although quite new, has intensive smell in the interior. I am not sure if it is cigarette smell. Are there anyone providing service to get rid of this smell? I think it is too much to ask for new car smell... :)

↡ Advertisement

Interior makeover....re upholster or change new leather

i used those glaze odour removal spray before and after a few times, works quite well. If fabric seat, get it steam clean too.

Can put in a pack of charcoal to adsorb/absorb the smell?

just saw at stamford in jurong has sonax to get rid of tobacco smell... at a glance, didn't really look at it.

↡ Advertisement

I tried a product called AirVidox last summer. Completely removed the smell of cigarette odour in my old WV.

• Praise 1

I was very sceptical about the results from this, but it worked AWESOME. I bought a used car that smelled like an ash tray. I tried air fresheners, Fabreeze, Lysol.... Nothing was a permanent solution to the cigarette smoke odor.

• Praise 1
  • Dislike 1

I was very sceptical about the results from this, but it worked AWESOME. I bought a used car that smelled like an ash tray. I tried air fresheners, Fabreeze, Lysol.... Nothing was a permanent solution to the cigarette smoke odor.

Good idea (y)

Possible by using pandan leaves or parking in the sun with the doors and windows open

• Dislike 1

Posted (edited)

2 known products for this. Meguairs and Sonax. I have used the former, bought the latter and haven't used yet.

It works!

post-1137-0-88784900-1558748982.jpg

post-1137-0-86488200-1558748989.jpg

Edited by Othello
↡ Advertisement