Launch of OPEL ASTRA 1.8A Sedan

Upandcoming

2 weeks ago I understand that once the remaining 8units of Vectra is sold out..there will be no more Vectra...(1.8 and 1.8..dun make sense have both)

the front follows the 2007 Astra H front ...if i am not wrong. the cabin interior is what should be diff ba.

functionalities ...instrumentation layout etc etc well, see to know, I would go downn happily zap some

if it is MTA...Think twice...I owned one and sold it off in one year....can never get it to drive smooth like an auto car...so tired...btw...most interior never change at all....they just added a backside to the car...

Come a bit late.. if it's 2-3years back, it will be a gem..

For now, it's a bit dated. moreover, it's 4sp auto..

ehh.. HELLO, it's 2008 already.. [;)]

WAIT...Is this car coming with a fully auto gearbox or a MTA?

For MTA...The servo actuator that works the clutch is said to be short life..not sure as I sold it in one year time and never have a chance to see it fail...beside the feel of nice handling and well made interior of a typical conti car...the MTA is not something that is too suitable for city driving like singapore....too many stop and go and it tend to jerk alot....my kids got motion sickness sitting in my car and they vow not to take my opel.....thus forcing me to change my ride in one year time...

Again...OPEL make good car...but i don't see the technology of MTA matches our driving style in singapore...if it is just AUTO...it will be good...even the SE think so too....

Edited by Application9999

apparently the 2008 upgrade for MTA reduces it a lot..but ys i understand ur feeling =)

anyway ..its a full AT...

some bros mentioned 4 AT a bit dwnside...agree cos in Europe they have 6AT for this.

but well it does enjoy things like Traction Control, Tyre Pressure Indicator, Interactive Driving System, Hill Start Assist, ESP etc...full spec la.. =)

got 2008 upgrade for MTA meh? from my past opel ownership..the software come like version 16 or so...just to kill the never ending bugs that the MTA gives...and it has never be perfect...and the AD is like...almost give up case....sometime when i talk to them..they are like...''it is normal, just live with it'' kinda feedback..sign...i will buy a conti car again...but if it is a MTA...well... [:/][shakehead]

yeah just got it done recently... sometimes hafin the right guy there serviing is also impt...cos some techs r quite crap..but granted..the MTA tech can be improved..if its a pre-emptive gear shift like a SST or DSG...dua clutch =P [idea]

and the AD is like...almost give up case....sometime when i talk to them..they are like...''it is normal, just live with it'' kinda feedback..sign...i will buy a conti car again...but if it is a MTA...well...

For someone that drive the same car, I share your frustration [:/] .. but then, MTA is not totally that bad.. guess it really depends on what you want from such gearbox. if it's pure smooth driving, then all I can say is that you got the wrong car from the start.

DSG is a rather different technology. but then, I would have to say MTA is not really the correct way but DSG is the way orward.

However, some driver would prefer to have some jerk for a manual car...

↡ Advertisement