New car, detail now or later ? and that sound after washing the wheels

GoopPwr

Members, just got my car 3 weeks back. What is your advise or experiance, shd I go ahead to detial it, before any scratch or swirl marks come in ? what do I do ? or shd I wait till later ?

Also, after washing the wheels with some ma ma lemon, while the wheels are nice and shine, it always cause the creeking sound when you apply the brakes. I believe this is becos some lubricant must have been washed off .

Anyone tried applying some lubrication oil after washing ?

It occurred to me that maybe when you're doing the detailing work, wearing a mask will be a good idea. I do think some of the product we use to detail our rides do contain chemicals, unlike before when products contain less chemicals.

Cheers !

Edited by GoopPwr
↡ Advertisement

of cos now now now !! If not wait till when ?? laugh.gif

as for the sound, its prob rust ..... mine also like that .... so no worry. ANyway, whats your ride ?

i hope you are not refering to WD40 or similar when you said lub oil for the creaking sound ... this will only hasten your car to meet the nearest wall/lamp-post/tree etc !!!!

Be careful what you 'add' to the brakes [sweatdrop]

it have to be right, sounds like it. But I was also thinking how wld a few weeks old car have got rust so quickly.

rust on your brakes are normal .. do not lub them else you will have no grip whatsoever.

since you bought a Volvo .. did you join the VolvoSG forum ? you prob can get more info on Volvo, maintenance and how to keep yr Volvo in tip-top condition ..

Neutral Newbie

and please don use ma ma lemon to wash any part of ur car, unless ur car is really oily....

If u can afford a car, please don save on car shampoo....

invest in gd shampoo can prolong ur paint shine oso.....

i cant imagine there r stil ppl using mama lemon to wash car.... [hur][hur][dizzy][dizzy]

Neutral Newbie
thanks... tot so too.

Mext thing to think about is to DIY or ask ppl to groom for you [rolleyes]

Edited by Eeee78

(edited)

I trust that you intend well.

What I wrote was that the ma ma lemon was used to wash the wheels, not the car.

Edited by GoopPwr
↡ Advertisement