Tyre Rotation and balancing

F1fan

Neutral Newbie

hey guys, any recommendation of places to do tyre rotation and balancing? Normally how much will it cost?

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

hey guys, any recommendation of places to do tyre rotation and balancing? Normally how much will it cost?

Hi bros,

When I go for rotation and balancing, is it a must-do for shops to replace the old metal strips and replaced new ones.

Or is it depending on the balancing test?

I have done twice but the shops does change the metal strips? They just say still good. I am wondering if is it true?

Anyway my friend went to JB to do rotation and balancing. The shop will scraped off the old strips and replaced with new ones.

Edited by Divers

Hi bros,

When I go for rotation and balancing, is it a must-do for shops to replace the old metal strips and replaced new ones.

I have done twice but the shops does change the metal strips? They just say still good. I am wondering if is it true?

Anyway my friend went to JB to do rotation and balancing. The shop will scraped off the old strips and replaced with new ones.

frankly speaking the END result is the same , is the process is diff.

BUT the bottom line is result must be good first.

The process is the + point

just like heard some even wash your wheel before balance it and shining the tyre wall before mount on your car. [thumbsup]

Hi bros,

if u want to be fast, normally they dun balance first before scraping off the weight, first thing scrape off and balance, and stick.

but end result u see alot of leftover gum stuff on your rim, some time the weight is stick over the same area,

i doubt they will take their time slowly scrape off every bit of gum before sticking over.

some work shop, the first thing the do is balance first see result, if u have done your previous balanceing properly , this time round might still be 0,0. or maybe add or remove 1-2 weight.

Hi bros,

Usually the one that I go to will take cloth clean, then depend what is required, either remove the whole metal strip, leave it alone or add some more.

(edited)

if u want to be fast, normally they dun balance first before scraping off the weight, first thing scrape off and balance, and stick.

but end result u see alot of leftover gum stuff on your rim, some time the weight is stick over the same area,

i doubt they will take their time slowly scrape off every bit of gum before sticking over.

some work shop, the first thing the do is balance first see result, if u have done your previous balanceing properly , this time round might still be 0,0. or maybe add or remove 1-2 weight.

I have done the balancing plus rotation.

This shop I went to is indeed professional and good.

First he balance the tyre with the old weight on. Measure, scrap off old weights, put on new weights and balance again.

He did the same for all tyres. He also rotate the tyres for me and mentioned my rear tyres thicker, so he changed it to the front. He used a device to measure. As you mentioned 0,0 now then I understand what you are talking about.

Seriously, this is the first time I have done a "REAL" balancing. Good job. All 4 tyres S$20/-.

My ride really improved.

The previous shop I went to, just used his hand and turned the tyre on the machine. Saying, very good. nothing. Cheated my S$20/-

Edited by Divers
  • Praise 1

I thought the exercise include alignment? Any general guide how often we do rotate, balance and/or alignment? Thank you

4th Gear

I thought the exercise include alignment? Any general guide how often we do rotate, balance and/or alignment? Thank you

Generally 8k to 10k km will do balancing and rotate tyres. This way tyre wears will be even.

As for wheel alignment, I will do it if I had drove over uneven road at higher speed, or knocked into curb, or if the tyres has uneven wear ( after checking under carriage for worn arm bushes etc )

First he balance the tyre with the old weight on. Measure, scrap off old weights, put on new weights and balance again.

He did the same for all tyres. He also rotate the tyres for me and mentioned my rear tyres thicker, so he changed it to the front. He used a device to measure. As you mentioned 0,0 now then I understand what you are talking about.

Seriously, this is the first time I have done a "REAL" balancing. Good job. All 4 tyres S$20/-.

My ride really improved.

The previous shop I went to, just used his hand and turned the tyre on the machine. Saying, very good. nothing. Cheated my S$20/-

May I know where is the workshop? Thks!

My ride really improved.

wow TOP service

I wonder will the shop increase the service charges after the demand shoot up

Generally 8k to 10k km will do balancing and rotate tyres. This way tyre wears will be even.

As for wheel alignment, I will do it if I had drove over uneven road at higher speed, or knocked into curb, or if the tyres has uneven wear ( after checking under carriage for worn arm bushes etc )

Thank you for the info bro Yhn. So is there any sign or symptom that the alignment is required, besides our ride driven over uneven road at higher speed, knock a curb, etc. ?

wow TOP service

I wonder will the shop increase the service charges after the demand shoot up

This solely depends on the boss' business acumen.... [lipsrsealed]

My ride really improved.

please share w us where is the workshop. tks u

4th Gear

Thank you for the info bro Yhn. So is there any sign or symptom that the alignment is required, besides our ride driven over uneven road at higher speed, knock a curb, etc. ?

Tyre Makan on its side is the most obvious sign, in my experiences.

Unknowningly going over pot holes esp in rural areas up country, I'll have the alignment checked. If tyres are due to change soon, then will do so after new set of tyres are replaced.

Usually alignment wouldn't go off if travel in our local roads.

To add on, this workshop is doing car servicing as well.

To be honest, his servicing price slightly a bit higher. maybe 10 to 20 dollars more.

He has package for servicing which includes tyre rotation and balancing.

But I guess he will be doing a real thorough checks.

Dear Divers

don't said ppl cheated you.

you requested for the balancing and did it before you?

at least service carried out and he said ok may be his machine show no out of balance and you hope that he remove old on and reattach the new one on the same spot?(funny right?)

any service rendered is subject to charges unless service provider offer FOC voluntarily

NO free lunch

↡ Advertisement