Tyre Rotation and balancing

F1fan

Supercharged

Haha bo bian, tyres worn out. Purchased 2 years ago and used like for 40K km.  :a-whiteflag:

No, yes.

tqvm.....ok, i am not alone in this then....scared tyre shop will laugh at me...

↡ Advertisement

To be frank, never had anyone asked me whether wanna do a alignment with rotation of tyre change.

tqvm.....ok, i am not alone in this then....scared tyre shop will laugh at me...

actually only a small % of tyres shop do alignment

• Praise 2

Any good recommendation for tyre rotation and balancing near upper Bukit Timah, Bukit Batok or Tew Tee Industrial area?  I am assuming they would help inflate the tyres too when I drive in.

Also, my wheel alignment should be ok, but I just need to re-verify,  How much would it cost for them to do a simple check/test?

Just changed a pair of front absorbers recently, the ride improves, but not perfect yet (still can feel abit bouncy), so I am checking the tyres.

Are Autoserv at Shell ridiculously expensive?  They are conveniently located.

Edited by Albeniz

16 minutes ago, Albeniz said:

Any good recommendation for tyre rotation and balancing near upper Bukit Timah, Bukit Batok or Tew Tee Industrial area?  I am assuming they would help inflate the tyres too when I drive in.

Also, my wheel alignment should be ok, but I just need to re-verify,  How much would it cost for them to do a simple check/test?

Just changed a pair of front absorbers recently, the ride improves, but not perfect yet (still can feel abit bouncy), so I am checking the tyres.

Are Autoserv at Shells ridiculously expensive?  They are conveniently located.

Alignment itself should be about 60 dollars. My WS recommended me Soon Huat at level 1 Enterprise Centre but quite popular better check first. 

I have been buying tyres from Yap Bros at Toh Guan. They should rotate/balance for you. At least they use torque wrench! And now also top up with nitrogen (which I couldn't care less). 

Edited by Volvobrick
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

30 minutes ago, Albeniz said:

Try to pump 2psi higher to see whether it is still bouncy.

It could be sidewall flexing.

• Praise 1

On 12/18/2020 at 12:48 PM, Albeniz said:

tire shop and workshop every where, 

to me is always good to go back to the shop where you purchased your tires, otherwise is not rocket science to do such job ,

is the matter how the work is carry out, examples (i suppose checking tire pressure is a MUST)

Package 1 simply use power gun removed and swap cost may from FOC to $$$$ (10 mins job)

Package  2  same as above but balance 2 front only from FOC to $$$$$ (20 mins JOb)

Package 3 same as above and balanced all 4 (30 mins Job)

Package 4 remove and Clean and wash your wheel outside in , remove the old weight and double sided glue (black black colour usually)

tire shine your tires , even oil your nuts and Bolts ,center hub as well , securing the NUTS and BOLTS manually (no power gun used to prevent over tightening) and 

even Torque it (BEST) (min 45min to 60 mins work ) COST ? you decide what is justified  and not sure anyone offering FOC.

Package 5 balance and Rotate on Job Card and usually FOC lol

Package 6 ? any input from your experient  

I always request the tyre shop to clean up the old sticky tapes. Sometimes even the brake dust too. No extra charges so I continue to patronise them.

Edited by Volvobrick
  • Praise 1

On 1/18/2022 at 8:44 PM, ayaz said:

there are alot of shops are available in market. you need to choose only which shop who have proper skills.

proper skills is ? 

it doe not need super skills to execute the Task but is about Bother to do it properly with Proper tools and Skill, i really do not like to way some WS using their Power air tools to fasten the bolts or nuts like playing it. (always over tightened and may cause cross thread untill when you need to remove it from your car) 

I need an updated recommendation for tire high speed rebalancing and rotation. 

Prefer central/southern part of sg.

Thanks in advance! 

8 hours ago, Vratenza said:

I need an updated recommendation for tire high speed rebalancing and rotation. 

Prefer central/southern part of sg.

Thanks in advance! 

Can't go wrong with South East Tyre and Kim Hoe...may need to wait for a while with the latter even when you book a slot...I go to the kaki bukit outlets of both...you may try SET at marine terrace if it's nearer for you. 

↡ Advertisement