Category of Car Buyer - Which one you fall into?

Carfan

Category of Car Buyer - Which one you fall into?  

112 members have voted

1. 1.

• Car is a need. I take loan but with car, it improves my net income
    • Car is a want. I take loan as cash otherwise used for loan is used to generate higher returns than loan interest
    • Car is a want. I pay in full as I do not have good means to guarantee higher return than loan interest.
    • Car is a want. I take loan because I don't have enough money and depends on current job income to pay off monthly installment.

Neutral Newbie

It's always been an interest to me to know which category of buyer Singaporeans fall into when comes to buying a car.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Why won't you choose to go for (2) or (3)? It means you have spare cash to generate more returns or to own a car without worry by paying full?

For (1), car is still a need to generate more income.

Just wondering how they actually work out the $2k thingy.

Does it mean that for every loan that approved, the dealer makes $2k extra? [smallcry]

You forgot an option that says "I feel that a car is a must because I lost faith in the public transport system and commuters in it has no sense of graciousness, so I had to do whatever I can to drive a car."

Edited by Slowmo

It's always been an interest to me to know which category of buyer Singaporeans fall into when comes to buying a car.

None of the above.

None of the above?

Instead, for me:

Car is a NEED. I take loan as cash otherwise used for loan is used to generate higher returns than loan interest.

no option available for my case ley, I need a car because of my job and the company pay me car allowances

Cars will always be a want to me... Although I keep giving myself "reasons" to pass it off as a need, ultimately I can always do without it... A bit troublesome to "lug" the family around if we are going out but I always look to the savings as a form of "motivation"...

Ha ha! I belong to the "Car is a want. I take loan because I don't have enough money and depends on current job income to pay off monthly installment". And I thought I'm the minority....

Life is short, you only lived once.

Supercharged

Was a Need now in between Want/Don't Want situation.

Trying to salvage this situation bigcry.gif

Sell got to Dio-Tiap..Don't Sell also headache knife.gif

Neutral Newbie

[:)] Yes I think alot of people are trapped into this so b4 I get a car which is a want + need (want cos I want to drive, need cos fetch family around) I want to make sure no matter how I am able to pay it full even if income is affected if not veri veri the tough and stress. [rolleyes]

i think there are many more factors than waht is listed here.

Say you have some cash to spare to pay off the downpayment. Say 30k.

If you had gotten a Toyota vios, THIS CAR IS A NEED.

If you had gotten a 7 Series, THIS CAR IS A WANT.

These days, esp in singapore, what you drive conveys more that just you have the means to get from A to B quickly. Many associate your car with your character and achievements and such (successful campaigning by the car makers). So Need or Want.. hard to tell.

Unless you NEED a expensive car to validate your own worth. And THAT IS SAD. I have seen so many guys paying thru their nose to get a 150k car to impress, and no money to pay for any other things. Stinge like mad.

I have a lady friend, told me there was once she had dinner with this guy. They chatted about car... the guy said ' I have a SUV at home'. My friend nodded...quiet..

He added in

" ITS A LEXUS"

Faint..

Interesting post [thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement