Window Tint - cut hole at ERP reader

Metalslug

Neutral Newbie

cos the tint is too dark thats why they cut a hole? or is it the tint is very strong ie. better quality like those vkool types?

↡ Advertisement

being light or dark tint has nothing to do with the need to cut the hole for ERP unit.

Metallic based = CUT

Ceramic based = NO-CUT

I'm using huper-optik...no cut and GPS/ERP signal is [thumbsup]

depends.. some (not all) that are metallic based would be recommended to have a cut at the location of IU.. however once you stick the IU on, you will most likely not see the cut.

again, nothing to do with whether it's dark or light...

I tot they cut becoz IU normally stick on the glass...and not good for film, eventually will fall thats why they cut?

These wld be for metallic based films. Yes, V-Kool is metallic based. Ceramic films need to cut hole.

Alamak, nvr check before post. Ceramic films NO NEED to cut hole. My bad. Thanks for pointing out the mistake bro Wanderer. Tat's one thing not good of reading and posting so early in the morning. [laugh]

Edited by Lmeng69

Neutral Newbie

so other than huper-optik, which ones are ceramic based?

3M, cool n lite? I presume these won't affect the carpark gantry transponder right?

cos the tint is too dark thats why they cut a hole? or is it the tint is very strong ie. better quality like those vkool types?

On my previous car with dark tint, I needed to cut a small hole to facilitate the cashcard unit to read my cashcard. But now just gotten a new car and did the same dark tint window films again. This time around my friend said he imported a better quality film, thus there's no need to cut hole one. So far no problems detecting the presence of my cashcard. It's dark on the outside and cool on the inside under [sunny] weather.

Btw, my window films are by INFRATINT. [thumbsup]

Edited by Nirxe

Neutral Newbie

Why is there to cut a hole round the ERP? When I got my car, I got them to remove the ERP, fixed the solar film and then restick the ERP again using an original 3M double-sided tape. I also got them to fix the ERP as close as possible to the right side of the windscreen.

↡ Advertisement