Yet Another Car Catches Fire...

Typhoonz

Because more old car on the road.

Last time 80% car less than 5yrs.

Now 80% cars more than 5 yes.

↡ Advertisement

Looking at the rims and previous video caught on cam of his reckless driving, (first few seconds of

), seems unlikely to be the same car unless he changed his rims recently.

But the rims are moving pretty fast so i stand corrected. Just an observation and not trying to be gey kiang.

Anyway wait for a few more days and see if car is deregistered will probably be more telling.

Think that one r280? The one that crash is r350?

Because more old car on the road.

Last time 80% car less than 5yrs.

Now 80% cars more than 5 yes.

Well,only can blamed our Gov't,making cars too expensive to change after a few years...Our Gov't only wants it's Citizens to take Public Transport,but our Public Transport are like Sxxx. [thumbsdown]  [furious]

• Praise 3

Twincharged

Well,only can blamed our Gov't,making cars too expensive to change after a few years...Our Gov't only wants it's Citizens to take Public Transport,but our Public Transport are like Sxxx. [thumbsdown]  [furious]

Actually, our system ensures that the cars on the roads are all relatively new leh. Maybe they should reduce COE to 5 years instead if people feel that cars on the roads are too old. Overseas, most cars are above 10 years old.

• Praise 2

Sad case leh. d merc driver could have been saved if d door could be opened. It seems one person tried to open d driver's door from inside thru d smashed window but could'nt. By tis time, d flame is spreading to driver's head n legs. So, no choice, tat person got to retreat as fire getting stronger. R.I.P.

Talking about car fire, bro be careful of leaving power bank in car. Tis car not in use but power bank left in car exploded. Suspect due to high temp.

post-150906-0-27330500-1449391085.jpeg

Edited by keanie
  • Praise 8

Sad case leh. d merc driver could have been saved if d door could be opened. It seems one person tried to open d driver's door from inside thru d smashed window but could'nt. By tis time, d flame is spreading to driver's head n legs. So, no choice, tat person got to retreat as fire getting stronger. R.I.P.

Talking about car fire, bro be careful of leaving power bank in car. Tis car not in use but power bank left in car exploded. Suspect due to high temp.

Oh ya talking about leaving power bank in the car, when car is parked under hot sun, the internal temperature inside the car can reach up to 60plus degrees. It can degrade the life of the batteries, battery worst enemy is heat.

Imagine haven't use the power bank already 60plus degrees, then plus using it while it's hot. Wa lao eh, like exposing it to time bomb to the limit of what the battery can take in terms of heat.

• Praise 2

ya but the frustrating thing is that you see all those nice large cheap malaysian cars the the very same roads. some of their cars got more air bags and other safety features that they can buy where we are have the lower speced ones. I mean if they want to make cars expensive, that is fine, but at least ensure that they are very safe. More forcus on  air bags and more pedestrian and car occupants' safety.

• Praise 9

Twincharged

ya but the frustrating thing is that you see all those nice large cheap malaysian cars the the very same roads. some of their cars got more air bags and other safety features that they can buy where we are have the lower speced ones. I mean if they want to make cars expensive, that is fine, but at least ensure that they are very safe. More forcus on  air bags and more pedestrian and car occupants' safety.

That was a side effect of the tax. I guess they can implement laws to make sure that dealers bring in the safest models available, but the cost will be passed down to us. Then those who'd rather own a car with no safety features than take public transport will complain that the govt is making cars more expensive. Safety is your own choice. Want your car to be safe then just pay more for higher spec model. If don't value your own life then get the lower specced one to save money IMO. 

I feel that they don't regulate these safety features because it doesn't affect anyone else in the event of an accident except for the owner and his family/friends. He chose it.

Edited by Nzy
  • Praise 1

Think that one r280? The one that crash is r350?

Well, SFY1668P happens to be a R350L. Just saying. 

Nobody is happy when a life is lost, especially family and friends. But if say it really is SFY1668P, then perhaps he has used up his 9 lives already after all his dangerous antics... If you like to tempt fate, one day fate will win. Same goes for those extreme skydivers using wingsuits and those crazy russian kids climbing structures.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3184693/Officials-puzzled-Yosemite-jumpers-deaths.html

http://petapixel.com/2015/10/04/russian-teen-falls-to-death-while-shooting-daredevil-rooftopping-portraits/

• Praise 3

Sometimes I wonder if there is any relation between the magnesium alloys used in Conti cars and these fires?

Relative to jap n kor cars, which are the parts of a conti car which uses magnesium alloy? Thks.

• Praise 3

i find it puzzling too.. mine is able to unlock/open from inside if locked, both passenger and driver side.

not sure if it's electronically controlled though.

My personal belive is...........driver was not secured with safe belt, he was hurted badly with the heavy collission and burned to dead........... [smallcry]

• Praise 1

just did a check from the onemotoring website that SFY1668P is still a valid vehicle, not yet deregister.

or, really need to check again after 3-5 working days?

• Praise 2

Mainly the engine crankcase, the process is the use molten aluminum to create the insert (moving parts & water cooling) then they use molten magnesium wrapped around the insert to form the crankcase. This results in a very light engine block.

http://wardsauto.com/news-analysis/bmw-develops-magnesium-alloy-engine-crankcase

I got this from the NGO BMW Megafactories, quite interesting check it out if you get a chance.

Relative to jap n kor cars, which are the parts of a conti car which uses magnesium alloy? Thks.

The Merc doors should auto unlock in case of a crash, unfortunately in this case must have malfunctioned.

• Praise 4

Well, SFY1668P happens to be a R350L. Just saying.

Nobody is happy when a life is lost, especially family and friends. But if say it really is SFY1668P, then perhaps he has used up his 9 lives already after all his dangerous antics... If you like to tempt fate, one day fate will win. Same goes for those extreme skydivers using wingsuits and those crazy russian kids climbing structures.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3184693/Officials-puzzled-Yosemite-jumpers-deaths.html

http://petapixel.com/2015/10/04/russian-teen-falls-to-death-while-shooting-daredevil-rooftopping-portraits/

But i still cant believe that a 43 years old man having wife and 4 kids drive recklessly on road

Thought 40 plus should be mature age and moreover he often ferry his whole family.

• Praise 1

But i still cant believe that a 43 years old man having wife and 4 kids drive recklessly on road

Thought 40 plus should be mature age and moreover he often ferry his whole family.

What i see,the victim may have "Heart Attack" while driving...

• Praise 4

What i see,the victim may have "Heart Attack" while driving...

Highest possibility, that particular stretch of road is very straight and wide merging towards queensway road, no reason for such a good car to lost control and crash into the curb side.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3