Jump to content
Typhoonz

Yet Another Car Catches Fire...

Recommended Posts

Hypersonic
14 minutes ago, ER-3682 said:

See What is PML's Reply to Car Owner.

Most probably tai chi away.

  • Haha! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Twincharged
29 minutes ago, ER-3682 said:

Are you Sure is a few Months old X1.?

At least owner said it is under warranty with no mod. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Supersonic

The owner claims OD.  After that, subrogate the claim to the insurer.

Wash hand from there.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5th Gear
2 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

When i was a boy staying in village last time,  i remember  seeing electrician using steel wire  to replace  blown fuse as a temporary workaround.😅😅

IMHO.
Take it as a wire fuse.  Just that the "fuse" will be slower to react. 

  • Haha! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hypersonic
47 minutes ago, ER-3682 said:

See What is PML's Reply to Car Owner.

PML will probably ask the mechanic and the jiuhu kia will say 怎么酱的?

  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Twincharged (edited)
19 minutes ago, Kklee said:

IMHO.
Take it as a wire fuse.  Just that the "fuse" will be slower to react. 

That means it depends on what will burn first. In an extreme   case, a fuse might still be there after a whole car is burnt doen😅

Edited by Ct3833

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6th Gear
32 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

PML will probably ask the mechanic and the jiuhu kia will say 怎么酱的?

Skip the 东西在哪里 part

 

  • Haha! 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5th Gear
46 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

That means it depends on what will burn first. In an extreme   case, a fuse might still be there after a whole car is burnt doen😅

IMHO.
Must have experience to use the correct wire.
Typical fuses are the same just that have a casing for easy handling. 
They are also  precise in terms of ampere and can features like slow or fast. 

A fuse is used as an indication of a problem.
A fuse should never be used for troubleshooting.
E.g.  a 5A fuse got burnt,  one cannot replace with a 10A fuse and troubleshoot. 

  • Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Moderator
4 hours ago, Vinceng said:

It's a few months old BMW X1

First hand encounter from owner - fuse replacement at authorised agent, Performance Motors led to the fire.

https://www.facebook.com/754466095/posts/10159375410766096/?d=n

Don't add salt add vinegar lah...

The car confirm >1 year old. The one caught fire was the pre-facelift F48 X1 sDrive18i xLine, which the last units was registered in October 2019. 

Can easily see the difference in the taillight. 

258w6Gc.jpg

Newer facelift X1 xLine (officially launched by PML on 2 October 2019)

xCRhJkG.jpg

As a final reminder, please do not post unverified information here. Thank you.

  • Praise 18

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Supersonic
8 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

Don't add salt add vinegar lah...

The car confirm >1 year old. The one caught fire was the pre-facelift F48 X1 sDrive18i xLine, which the last units was registered in October 2019. 

Can easily see the difference in the taillight. 

258w6Gc.jpg

Newer facelift X1 xLine (officially launched by PML on 2 October 2019)

xCRhJkG.jpg

As a final reminder, please do not post unverified information here. Thank you.

Never mind lar ......  :secret-laugh:

It's still a BMW on fire ... :grin:

  • Haha! 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Twincharged

Extremely curious.  Let's say the car was under warranty and the insurance promised 1 for 1 exchange.

How does it work?

The insurer bids COE for a new car to give to the owner? Or a second hand car is given to the owner? Or cash equivalent of a new car to the owner?

  • Praise 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Twincharged
9 hours ago, Kklee said:

IMHO.
Must have experience to use the correct wire.
Typical fuses are the same just that have a casing for easy handling. 
They are also  precise in terms of ampere and can features like slow or fast. 

A fuse is used as an indication of a problem.
A fuse should never be used for troubleshooting.
E.g.  a 5A fuse got burnt,  one cannot replace with a 10A fuse and troubleshoot. 

I think you ment.. A fuse should never be used for masking the problem. Like a 5A fuse got burnt, one cannot replace with a 10a fuse..

  • Praise 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5th Gear
28 minutes ago, Yewheng said:

I think you ment.. A fuse should never be used for masking the problem. Like a 5A fuse got burnt, one cannot replace with a 10a fuse..

Yes, that's also a way to look at it.
How it is looked at depends on the individual - mechanic, owner, friend, online user, etc. 

  • Praise 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Twincharged
1 hour ago, Philipkee said:

Extremely curious.  Let's say the car was under warranty and the insurance promised 1 for 1 exchange.

How does it work?

The insurer bids COE for a new car to give to the owner? Or a second hand car is given to the owner? Or cash equivalent of a new car to the owner?

 Everyone here knows  your car is very new, dont try anything funny ok!😄😄

  • Praise 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Supersonic
2 hours ago, Philipkee said:

Extremely curious.  Let's say the car was under warranty and the insurance promised 1 for 1 exchange.

How does it work?

The insurer bids COE for a new car to give to the owner? Or a second hand car is given to the owner? Or cash equivalent of a new car to the owner?

In short, cash for new car of equivalent spec.

Must make sure that the promise is in black & white.

  • Praise 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×