Yet Another Car Catches Fire...

Typhoonz

1 hour ago, Atrecord said:

sigh... such is the reality.

i believe none of the ADs will install or endorse car cam with parking mode. They will at best throw in those cams that does not use up battery of the vehicle when engine is off.

Like this, will never have peace of mind to be able to install cams with parking mode for new cars already... 😥

I know some ADs do have the option of including car cam with the complete package and with 24/7 recording. At least my boss's new car 3 years ago, came with Blackvue car cam with 24/7 recording. Not gonna state the AD name here though.

But yes, generally car cam installation is a very grey area, as with other installations that require wiring work, such as aftermarket sound systems, for example.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

16 hours ago, Yewheng said:

This is forum.. just for discussion.. good or bad, sometimes idea just suddenly pop up from someone comment. Who knows..

Yalor.. No worries ya.. We can read what inputs are of intelligence and what's not. 😁

3 hours ago, Unfazed said:

Yalor.. No worries ya.. We can read what inputs are of intelligence and what's not. 😁

Sometimes unintelligent post can spark something or some ideas.. just hope that people don't get bias on certain thing that cloud judgement be it intelligence or non intelligence post that one think it should be.

4 hours ago, Beehive3783 said:

I know some ADs do have the option of including car cam with the complete package and with 24/7 recording. At least my boss's new car 3 years ago, came with Blackvue car cam with 24/7 recording. Not gonna state the AD name here though.

But yes, generally car cam installation is a very grey area, as with other installations that require wiring work, such as aftermarket sound systems, for example.

C&C can install car cam battery for your car.

When I bought a Mitsubishi, it came with front and rear cam. They also gave me $300 accessories credit.

I used it to buy a car cam battery and installed at Pandan Garden service centre.

• Praise 3

2 hours ago, Adrianli said:

Saw at HWZ, PML reply to the owner of the burnt BMW X1.

iy1FUe6l.jpg.cfa4926afdb5623b000c80f5aae93aba.jpg

mikdK2Fl.jpg.56d2b144df306176bc2cde492abae66c.jpg

And I am right about the age of the car, >4 years old...

@Vinceng This is a very good example that VRN is not a good indicator of a car age. If one don't have the full details or first hand information, please refrain from posting assumptions openly (in a public forum for example), as that is equivalent to spreading misinformation, in the eye of law. 

The last thing we want is to have MCF appearing on social media or MSM for the wrong reasons. I hope all readers understood why we moderator are taking such a strong stance in dealing with unverified information.

• Praise 21

3 hours ago, Yewheng said:

Sometimes unintelligent post can spark something or some ideas.. just hope that people don't get bias on certain thing that cloud judgement be it intelligence or non intelligence post that one think it should be.

If it can spark something or ideas, it won't be unintelligent. Oh yes, maybe it will spark something, something stupiak or some stupiak ideas, by some who doesn't think b4 speaking or posting, or just repeat what had been said? Hokkien like "gong, kana bo gong", talk like no talk, say as gd as not said? 😅

48 minutes ago, Unfazed said:

If it can spark something or ideas, it won't be unintelligent. Oh yes, maybe it will spark something, something stupiak or some stupiak ideas, by some who doesn't think b4 speaking or posting, or just repeat what had been said? Hokkien like "gong, kana bo gong", talk like no talk, say as gd as not said? 😅

Ideas need not be intelligent.. sometimes speak stupid things may end up give idea to someone who might think of something else relate to that person that speak stupid things. The main thing is the person should not be bias in looking at things, which is a more difficult part.. as not many people can look at things with unbias mind..

Edited by Yewheng
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

10 hours ago, Yewheng said:

Ideas need not be intelligent.. sometimes speak stupid things may end up give idea to someone who might think of something else relate to that person that speak stupid things. The main thing is the person should not be bias in looking at things, which is a more difficult part.. as not many people can look at things with unbias mind..

👏👏👏 Well said well said. Yet today I learnt something new again. It is akin to... 

Norm: I can't eat chicken

Dumbo: oh.. Never say never, who knows u may like chicken one day, or when it is cooked different way, blah blah blah? 

Norm: isn't it obvious between can't & don't? 

Yes, intelligence can't be taught, wisdom can be gained, but stupidity can't be stopped. 

Kamsia Kamsia, once again, your presence is strongly felt. 😂

• Haha! 2

7 minutes ago, Unfazed said:

👏👏👏 Well said well said. Yet today I learnt something new again. It is akin to... 

Norm: I can't eat chicken

Dumbo: oh.. Never say never, who knows u may like chicken one day, or when it is cooked different way, blah blah blah? 

Norm: isn't it obvious between can't & don't? 

Yes, intelligence can't be taught, wisdom can be gained, but stupidity can't be stopped. 

Kamsia Kamsia, once again, your presence is strongly felt. 😂

Now ask you a question.. what things people do you think is stupid and what things people do you think is intelligent? 

Please don't forum opinion too fast that I ask this stupid question. Every question I ask have reason behind it.. let's see what is your answer..

Edited by Yewheng

Supercharged

At least PML gave some freebies to owner.

Adjusting fuse box is a bit of suspicious activity.

More experienced folks will know that fuse box is just safety valve for electrical issue somewhere in the car. replacing fuse or "repair" fuse will only mask the actual problem area. But I guess for very intermittent issue, it is really easiest for WS to take the simple way out.

9 minutes ago, Yewheng said:

Now ask you a question.. what things people do you think is stupid and what things people do you think is intelligent? 

Please don't forum opinion too fast that I ask this stupid question. Every question I ask have reason behind it.. let's see what is your answer..

Errrrmmmm... In my life, I believe there is no stupid question. And one can just only be a fool once. 

A simple question can be expressed in simple English. But I dun understand at all. A question within a question with no head no tail. 

OK lah.. B4 digressing further, an intelligence qn will set ppl thinking hmmmm... logical yay, let's ponder. A stupiak qn? Look up earlier post for convo between Norm and his fren, Dumbo, and focus on the lines. 

Let's get back to topic on car fire ya. Camp fire's burning. 

• Praise 1

seems like the issue could be the installation of the cam and battery pack.

brand of battery pack was not named though. 

i recall cellink was a popular model offered by many shops, so not sure if this was the model fitted this time.

8 minutes ago, Blueray said:

seems like the issue could be the installation of the cam and battery pack.

brand of battery pack was not named though. 

i recall cellink was a popular model offered by many shops, so not sure if this was the model fitted this time.

Not every shop capable installing dash cam and battery pack. Last time my bmw want to install, a lot audio shop rejected my car when i request for battery pack. 

• Praise 2

5 hours ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Not every shop capable installing dash cam and battery pack. Last time my bmw want to install, a lot audio shop rejected my car when i request for battery pack. 

few years back went to 2 blackvue authorised dealers with a friend to enquire for his BMW.

both recommended blackvue + cellink.

did not pay attention to the full details but I think they prefer to run a separate power loop for the dashcam for BMWs. 

not sure if they can totally bypass the car's electrical systems or they just wanted to tap as little as possible from the car as conti cars' electrics generally more "sensitive".

2 minutes ago, Blueray said:

few years back went to 2 blackvue authorised dealers with a friend to enquire for his BMW.

both recommended blackvue + cellink.

did not pay attention to the full details but I think they prefer to run a separate power loop for the dashcam for BMWs. 

not sure if they can totally bypass the car's electrical systems or they just wanted to tap as little as possible from the car as conti cars' electrics generally more "sensitive".

I have Cellink + Blackvue in my Mini.

No wire tapping.

Just plug into ciggy for charging cellink

• Praise 1

21 hours ago, Adrianli said:

Saw at HWZ, PML reply to the owner of the burnt BMW X1.

iy1FUe6l.jpg.cfa4926afdb5623b000c80f5aae93aba.jpg

mikdK2Fl.jpg.56d2b144df306176bc2cde492abae66c.jpg

Whatever's the cause of fire, I would like to share my sevice experience at pml East Coast in regard to car battery & car camera. 

Discovered car battery discharging warning came on everytime I started engine, for a few days. SA at pml did a check & replaced with new battery, foc, since still within warranty period. What a relief as that saved me $900+ . 

A few days later, battery discharging warning came on again!   Discovered that the car cam was the cause. It was a yr old ACE 2.0.  

It was so nice of pml to replace with a new camera set plus New Wiring.  Reason given was that once a camera is proven faulty, wires must be replaced to to reduce risk of further malfunction. 

Overall, despite the repeated visits & downtime, I felt relieved & very satisfied that the issue had been identified & rectified without fuss.  

• Praise 8