Does Traffic Police (those on huge bikes) summons parking offences (e.g. parking on double yellow line)?

Emils

I read from the websites that parking offences seem to be under the purview of HDB and URA. So how does the traffic police fit into the picture?

Apologies if this question is too stupid...

Edited by Emils
↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Nope... it's also under the TP's jurisdiction. Even normal police petrol car can issue summons for illegal parking. One of the neighbor has ever called the neighbourhood police post to complain about people parking outside his house. A patrol car appeared about 1/2hr later and start issuing summons.

Edited by Scaglietti
  • Praise 1

TP can summon you for parking offences involving violating traffic rules, eg parking at double yellow lines. Correct me if I'm wrong here.

• Praise 1

I'm wondering if TP passes the summons to HDB/URA to collect the fines thereafter or they do collect it themselves? If they do their own collection, wouldn't there be a chance that a person can be fined by both TP and HDB/URA for the same offence? Mm...

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

think if u park along rd on double yellow lines TP also in charge . . . no need pass to ura / hdb . . . think ura and hdb more for the fines in car-parks . .

• Praise 1

TP is able to issue fines for parking offences both in HDB carparks and on the public roads, that's why you have to address the payment to the correct party indicated. URA/HDB's purview is only limited to their respective car parks.

Fined twice for same offence?? Interesting...

Btw haven't seen any TP on huge bikes yet. laugh.gif

i kena summon by police in hilux for traffic offence before... 1 and only time (that i kena offence)... [bigcry]

Edited by Zcold

Neutral Newbie

There was once i left my bike on a deserted pavement for awhile, came back with a big big slip $70 summon issued by Traffic police. So i tink as long as gotto do with road or traffic or vehicles they have to right to summon...

Ah... I saw them busy noting down the nos. of the bikes that were parked by the pavement too. sigh...

Neutral Newbie

Like everyone said, TP can issue fines for all vehicular offences.. Don't need to wait for Auntie Fathima to come.. By then, too late liao! [laugh][laugh]

• Praise 1

I came to a traffic light stop wif a JB bike in front of me. There was a TP bike at the side of the road, he was issuing fines to the bikes parked on the pavement. Then tis kapoh JB bike rider n pillion turn to look at the TP. The TP immediately point at their direction n told them to strap up their helmet!!! Traffic light turn green, I cant proceed cos the bike blocking my way. After they strap up, TP told them to move off.

So next time better not kapoh. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Praise 1

Hi, I would like to ask if i can ignore this letter after i appeal?

Make sure TP acknowledge your appeal status. If not after the date lapse...the fine amount will go up...and if you still ignore it...next will be warranty of arrest.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

The best is you can check via onemotoring website. The status of the fine will be there...

• Praise 1

TP is king. They can summon anything that need license to operate on the road. After all, they are police policing road. They have the same power as those patroling neighbour. They go into carpark and see car illegally park and obstruct traffic. If next to white line or double yellow or zig zag, they can just issue. Refer to HDB or URA I'm not sure. But I'm sure they can.

• Praise 2

Normally what I did is I will appeal and at the same time pay the fine. If the appeal is successful, they will refund you the money. If not successful, at least you already paid and need not suffer late payment fee or other worst senario as other mcf members stated.

• Praise 1