Anybody know how to get rid of bed bugs??

Fabulous

Turbocharged
I think the best solution for u now is move out...

Good suggestion!

But I pity the new guy who is moving in...

I thought only during the olden days in the 60s or 70s you get bed bugs infested beds,

why do you have such problems in modern times?

Time to throw out your old furnitures and clean up your house properly. [sweatdrop]

infestation due to the lack of hygiene. these bugs feeds on ceratin.. ie dead skin and hair. if u dun maintain hygiene they will hv ample food to feed on.

washing with bleach etc basically remove ceratin growth and eliminate bugs fr growing. but some bugs r able to penetrate under one's skin to lay eggs, in short human body can become a surrogate mother for them. so washing down the body and apply anti-lice lotion over time will kill their eggs.

get the pro to do it. they use steam to kill these bugs. call a few and ask for quotation then compare. no use tanning under the sun. it could infest the whole house if you don't do it asap. i had same situation as you, no choice but to abandon the whole house and leave it empty for years. [shakehead]

u can get those bedbugs pesticides from DIY shops too..

20plus dollars..

u spray on the mattress and leave it there for a couple of hours...

no foul smell after that too..

I suspect those are not bed bugs but lice. Bed bugs feed on our dead skin which we shed daily. And I am quite sure to say all our beds have some bed bugs living in them.

Neutral Newbie
infestation due to the lack of hygiene. these bugs feeds on ceratin.. ie dead skin and hair. if u dun maintain hygiene they will hv ample food to feed on.

washing with bleach etc basically remove ceratin growth and eliminate bugs fr growing. but some bugs r able to penetrate under one's skin to lay eggs, in short human body can become a surrogate mother for them. so washing down the body and apply anti-lice lotion over time will kill their eggs.

so we must apply alot body lotion ?mix with kerosene for best results?

One of the best way is to use 2 things:

1) There use to be a company in basement of Paragon selling the "natural degradable" chemical that will kill these. Spray on the bed. Leave it for like 30mins i think.

2) Use a steamer. Extended steaming is recommended.

3) The use a wet/dry vacuum to suck out.

Usually a steamer would be ok to kill those buggers and cook them.

Rgds

Neutral Newbie
Taking my bed out for sun tanning is out! Any other suggestions?? Where can find bed bug killing power/solutions???

These are really blood suckers!!! [knife]

Thank you very much in advance....

The pics are real GROSS

[sweatdrop][lipsrsealed][knife][bigcry][shakehead]

Hi, my parent's bedroom was also infested with bedbugs 2 years ago. It would be a lot easier to get rid the mattress first, if u wish to keep the mattress, then try this...

1. Get an empty container, pour some thinner in it. Remove as many bugs as possible with your hands(Don't squeeze them, they smells [:|] ) drop them in the container, they'll be killed instantly! Make sure you comb the area especially along the seams and corners of the mattress.

2. Get a steamer or in my case I use a hair dryer, blow the hot air at the mattress to kill the eggs [sly]. make sure u cover the whole area, but be careful not too close until it burn the mattress.

3. Also look out for bugs within the room. areas near the bed, the head board, frames, beneath the drawers etc, remember, they like to hide in dark corners. If u find their poo poo, their nest is near. When u spot them, [sly] Here comes our mighty thinner!! Use a syringe (the type baby use for medication) load with thinner and drop the liquid onto them. Use plenty of them at holes, cracks and along every corner of the affected furniture.

4. Repeat these process everyday for a week. Check for the bugs once a month. Remember to open your windows for ventilation and also close the door and seal the gap using masking tape, this is to make sure they can't escape to infest other rooms.

It works for me. So good luck to you!!

Turbocharged

Was wondering it would help if a vacuum cleaner is used.

Vacuum the bed very, very thoroughly using highest power available.

This way, all the bugs and eggs would be sucked away by the machine.

Change the filter bag of the vacuum cleaner regularly.

↡ Advertisement