Anybody know how to get rid of bed bugs??

Fabulous

Taking my bed out for sun tanning is out! Any other suggestions?? Where can find bed bug killing power/solutions???

These are really blood suckers!!! [knife]

Thank you very much in advance....

Do not get rid of them at home, as they'll move to somewhere else.

Heat is the best, but you heat here they move there.

So do it this way, a very old but effective method.

When the sun is out hot in the aternoon, place your bed in the open grass, where when the bed is heated up, the bugs will move to somewhere cool and that will be the grass. [smash]

↡ Advertisement

A few facts to share with you about bed bugs:

1) They love dark/cool places, but not necessary because your house is dirty

2) You (or your family members) could get it from someone else outside and brought it home with you. (eg. tour bus -> bugs jump on your luggage bags -> you bring home)

3) bed bugs are not confined to bed only, contrary to it's name. It's because it's food source (you) is usually on the bed... so it can dwell in places like chairs too.

4) If you want to exterminate them (which I can't imagine that you won't), you have to do it for the entire house and members. Every single item, furniture, corner has to be treated, either with pesticide solution, fogging, heat treatment, powder or all of that is mentioned.

5) If you have pets, its best to have them treated and probably put up at a pet hotel elsewhere.

Lastly, try to minimise contact with other people lest you share some immigrants, well, perhaps you want to organise a mass meet up with your enemies though.. [sly]

The numerical size of a bedbug infestation is to some degree variable, as it is a function of the elapsed time from the initial infestation. With regards to the elapsed time from the initial infestation, even a single female bedbug brought into a home has a potential for reproduction, with its resulting offspring then breeding, resulting in a geometric progression of population expansion if control is not undertaken. Sometimes people are not aware of the insects, and do not notice the bites. The visible bedbug infestation does not represent the infestation as a whole, as there may be infestations elsewhere in a home, however, the insects do have a tendency to stay close to their hosts (hence the name "bed" bugs).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bedbug

Lastly, try to minimise contact with other people lest you share some immigrants, well, perhaps you want to organise a mass meet up with your enemies though.. sly.gif

no more orgy session? lipsrsealed.gif

Last time in army.. we were taught to use lighters to burn the corners of the bed frame.

Then apply lotsa "prickly heat" on our body before we sleep.

Seems effective for me.

yes, no more orgy session... but then again, that depends on luck, if someone else could have crabs or something, then it will REALLY be itchy... scratch everywhere at night and day. [laugh]

Neutral Newbie
Do not get rid of them at home, as they'll move to somewhere else.

Heat is the best, but you heat here they move there.

So do it this way, a very old but effective method.

When the sun is out hot in the aternoon, place your bed in the open grass, where when the bed is heated up, the bugs will move to somewhere cool and that will be the grass. [smash]

Wah Bro...

4 Star brand 400++ spring King Size bed leh... [knife]

Sun tanning?!! Siao liao... [shocked]

What we did last time in our old provision shop house is to cover the entire section of the room in plastic papers, then fog the hell out of the room for 3 days.

But thinking back now, its quite a fire hazard coz it seems to smell of kerosene.. [sweatdrop]

i strongly suggest u throw away watever is infected..and mindful of all the gaps, holes or watever space tat is near the infected piece of item. these are places they like to hide. get pest controller to clear the whole hse if possible.

i kanna before..threw away the whole bed(matress+frame) and spend the whole day killing and clearing watever is lurking near the infected area. baygon, hot water..

these farkers are powerful. i ever kanna bite until mc wor! [thumbsdown][thumbsdown]

I think not only u should know how to get rid of bed bugs. U should really go find out how to prevent bed bug to avoid future invasion.

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

S.H.I.T... [shocked]

Not sure if my car also kena.. [knife][sweatdrop]

Edited by Fabulous
↡ Advertisement