Anybody know how to get rid of bed bugs??

Fabulous

I set my air-con to coldest. [;)]

Which makes you the biggest heat target if they are in the room. [:p]

↡ Advertisement

Supersonic

This is scary, looks like there is no way you can prevent bed bugs. If you are sway and the bugs stick onto you, seems like the bugs will follow you for life! [sweatdrop]

I do agree with you. I see that you have done some readings about this blood sucking monsters

My wife had past experienced with the pest. She told me all about it.

The pests terrorised her home when she was much younger. They have tried many methods but they persist and stay for months and out of the blue they just left without a trace. They are a pain to deal with.

Supersonic

The pests terrorised her home when she was much younger. They have tried many methods but they persist and stay for months and out of the blue they just left without a trace. They are a pain to deal with.

The pests could found a better place. :D

I suspect those are not bed bugs but lice. Bed bugs feed on our dead skin which we shed daily. And I am quite sure to say all our beds have some bed bugs living in them.

Not sure if anyone corrected you but DUST MITES feed on our dead skin, their poop is an allegent for those with sensitive skin though.

I suspect this too. . they come from other unit. but the problem is which unit and how to determine that it come from other unit. i spend hundred of dollars to buy steam cleaner and other pesticides meant for bed bugs. I even put my clothings into to plastic that can be flattened by using vacuum cleaners. it works for a few weeks but it came back again. right now I am in the process of moving my furniture , steam it up and spread diatomaceous earth powder all over the back of the furniture including the wall and the side skirt on the floor. can' t afford to throw all the furniture.

Hi, where u bought diatomaceous earth powder? How much?

Neutral Newbie

I guess that they are sick of the same taste [:)] . been reading on other forum that they prefer some blood type. don't know whether it's true.. if you don't mind., can u ask ur wife, if she can remember what is her parents last method till the bugs just suddenly pack their bags and go. appreciate if this info can be share with us.

Neutral Newbie

Hi, where u bought diatomaceous earth powder? How much?

u can get it at Pets gantry.a few days ago try to buy but no stock.or u can buy bed bug powder at home DIY . one bottle cost $28. i bought bed bugs potion3, cost me 58 dollars for 2 litres. I add some of the bed bug powder into the potion3 and spray onto walls so that it helps to stick the powder onto the wall surface. hopefully that the powder will rip the exoskeleton and eventually the bug will die because of dehydration

u can get it at Pets gantry.a few days ago try to buy but no stock.or u can buy bed bug powder at home DIY . one bottle cost $28. i bought bed bugs potion3, cost me 58 dollars for 2 litres. I add some of the bed bug powder into the potion3 and spray onto walls so that it helps to stick the powder onto the wall surface. hopefully that the powder will rip the exoskeleton and eventually the bug will die because of dehydration

Noted with thanks... :D

right now I am battling a battle that's seem never ending. I have a bed bug in my home. it really sucks. I have been living in my place , bought the Hdb flat brand new, for nine years and have no problem with bed bugs. but ever since more people has move in, I see a lot of Filipino , china , India , this problem crops up.

wah you very pro. bed bugs can also linked to PAP policy.... [idea] idea siah

bro i kena once.. Get proffesional help like the pest buster ( if u know someone then u can save abit...hehehe)..yeah i agree it will be abit costly but it does help. They will so called smoked the house for about 6 hours , try to request and ask them to come again within a few days to totaly get rid of the remaining pest .The important things is too get rid of the eggs rather then the adult bedbugs .Trust me

Neutral Newbie

wah you very pro. bed bugs can also linked to PAP policy.... [idea] idea siah

i am not linking this problem to government policy, it just that I have been living on the area for nearly eight years no bugs problem, coincidently the influx star to begin the bug problem arise. well I could be wrong. but did u know in the Australian forum about bed bugs, they are saying that the infection comes from Asian country. this is for info only but my main concern is to kill these little vampire.

Neutral Newbie

bro i kena once.. Get proffesional help like the pest buster ( if u know someone then u can save abit...hehehe)..yeah i agree it will be abit costly but it does help. They will so called smoked the house for about 6 hours , try to request and ask them to come again within a few days to totaly get rid of the remaining pest .The important things is too get rid of the eggs rather then the adult bedbugs .Trust me

u ever engage the xterminator b4 ? care to tell me how much they charge. thx. i think I will try to DIY first.

Neutral Newbie

steam cleaner go steam all the frames and everything, cover any holes u can cover with hot glue. Best if you can take the whole frame go throw bath tub wash down with boiling water. Have to keep steam cleaning and exterminate all their bases.. takes awhile =]

Neutral Newbie

just to post of my status with my battle with the bed bugs. it seems like I am winning as my wife has not been bitten for almost 2 weeks. can' t really declare that the victory is mine as I have to monitor for one year and wait if there is any new batch of eggs has hatch. wonder how others are doing ?

Neutral Newbie

Will bed bugs crawl into a person?

from my experience the bed bug will crawl to the person but not into a person

(edited)

Wah never see earlier.. ur post abt 4 years ago so I guess you managed to get rid of the bed bugs..So the below info for other users facing the prob..

If you think your bed mattress is where the bugs are living/hiding (which might not be the case always), change to a new bed..now got anti bed bug matresses..

Or try this spray called tree bark freshener..for bed bugs and other pests.. I used before and after that cannot find bed bugs liao [thumbsup]

But then before using that I used other sprays also so maybe it is the combined effort of the different sprays [laugh]

Oh ya I changed my mattress also..But still found bugs after that and only after spraying, cant find any more

Edited by Kurtselva
↡ Advertisement