Anybody know how to get rid of bed bugs??

Fabulous

Bugs maybe, but eggs definitely not. The eggs sticks on the surface. Better to kill them all [sly] they are stubborn insects. Maybe good for removing the dead bugs after the steaming process.

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

I think a viable solution might be as follows:

1. Throw away the mattress and bed frame.

2. Empty the whole room. Clear away the rubbish in the room. Throw unwanted furnitures away.

3. Vacuum each and every corner of the room. Mop the floor and wall twice a day.

Slowly put in the furniture one by one after 2 weeks. Get a new bed. Keep the room as clean (and empty) as possible.

Will this work?

Got a bed bug infection 2 yrs ago.

Called the pest busters. Think the name was aardvark. The guy came and sprayed insecticide on the mattress and room. checked back in a week. All gone.

Lucky no more bugs till now. *touch wood*

Sure work! If you intend to replace the whole set of furnitures. No need 2 weeks, 2 days also can [laugh][laugh]

My method is low cost diy [thumbsup]

Edited by Zert88

I suspect those are not bed bugs but lice. Bed bugs feed on our dead skin which we shed daily. And I am quite sure to say all our beds have some bed bugs living in them.

you are confusing dust mites with bed bugs.

bed bugs, mites and lice are 3 different types of pests. only 2 sucks blood.

fyi, dust mites are so small and often live in follicles of your eye lashes.. [;)]

Neutral Newbie

right now I am battling a battle that's seem never ending. I have a bed bug in my home. it really sucks. I have been living in my place , bought the Hdb flat brand new, for nine years and have no problem with bed bugs. but ever since more people has move in, I see a lot of Filipino , china , India , this problem crops up.

Turbocharged

right now I am battling a battle that's seem never ending. I have a bed bug in my home. it really sucks. I have been living in my place , bought the Hdb flat brand new, for nine years and have no problem with bed bugs. but ever since more people has move in, I see a lot of Filipino , china , India , this problem crops up.

Go buy a osim vacuum clearner....the one with steam.

The hot steam will kill the bugs and the eggs. The Vacuum will suck them off.

Not cheap...about a $1000, but definitely cheaper than Rainbow or Deplhin vacuums.

Neutral Newbie

If this problem still persists, you may want to get a pest controller to take a look. My mum's flat was also hit by bed bugs and they always return a couple of days later after thourough cleaning of the flat. When the pest controllers came they managed to trace the source of bed bugs to be coming from another unit. We got the town coincil involved in the clean up. The bed bugs has not returned since. Hope this helps.

If this problem still persists, you may want to get a pest controller to take a look. My mum's flat was also hit by bed bugs and they always return a couple of days later after thourough cleaning of the flat. When the pest controllers came they managed to trace the source of bed bugs to be coming from another unit. We got the town coincil involved in the clean up. The bed bugs has not returned since. Hope this helps.

does that means,

after you clean up your place,

the bed bugs travel across units to find your bed?

i saw this thread and wanted to say

'tht is not nice to say abt u wife'

the beg bug got chope passport come in bor??