Anybody know how to get rid of bed bugs??

Fabulous

the exterminator doing sideline so he say any amount also can as he knows my sister. i pay him $50 but from the look of his wife who was with him like not happy leh...hahaha ( heck care lah) as i still see traces of bed bugs after that ( maybe the adult died but the egg hatched after that..who knows)..so wat i did is i used my steam iron, put to the highest temp and steam the whole bed and when u hear the pissss sound like the bug kene burned..u feel sense of satisfaction and it actually does work bro..no more bed bugs.. :wub:

Neutral Newbie

Bed bug very hard to get rid . I try all sort of pesticide but no use . They still survive . Throw away furniture also no use .. Suffer for 8 months . In the end what I do is -

Buy garment steamer and steam whole house , all furniture , sofa , whole bed , bed frame , all cracks and crevice , even the door joint , door frame and even ceiling seams and windows

Coat the whole damn house with DE powder , mix water , coat like crazy but can saw lots of dead bugs , coat DE even on ceiling and windows

Wash all fabric and linen in hot boil water , pour boil water into washing machine .

No more bug seen and like no more bites but still have to be vigilant in case they comes back

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Bed bug very hard to get rid . I try all sort of pesticide but no use . They still survive . Throw away furniture also no use .. Suffer for 8 months . In the end what I do is -

Buy garment steamer and steam whole house , all furniture , sofa , whole bed , bed frame , all cracks and crevice , even the door joint , door frame and even ceiling seams and windows

Coat the whole damn house with DE powder , mix water , coat like crazy but can saw lots of dead bugs , coat DE even on ceiling and windows

Wash all fabric and linen in hot boil water , pour boil water into washing machine .

No more bug seen and like no more bites but still have to be vigilant in case they comes back

ouch.

did u try any professional bug exterminators? if the bugs are wide spread, probably best to call the pros.

never heard of mixing water with DE for application. interesting!

good luck with the battle.

btw there is a more recent thread on Bed bugs. Maybe mod should consolidate.

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2698758-how-to-get-rid-of-bed-bugs/?hl=%20bed%20%20bug

Turbocharged

Reading the bed bugs threads always gives me the creeps. Very very scare bring home, that's why do charity work I hesitant to do those clean house kind.

Three years ago my Master bedroom kana bed bugs attacked. After trying all sort of ways for one month, I call in the pest control. Though finally I threw away my mattress which was more than 16 years old.

Reading the bed bugs threads always gives me the creeps. Very very scare bring home, that's why do charity work I hesitant to do those clean house kind.

Anyway I believe bed bugs can be anyway. After the bad experience, whenever I reached home, I will check my shirts, trousers, bags - just in case. It is good to do charity if we have the time.

You might want to try using durian husks. I heard that it works but nv try it before. It doesn't kill the bugs, just make them move out of the area.

Neutral Newbie

ouch.

did u try any professional bug exterminators? if the bugs are wide spread, probably best to call the pros.

never heard of mixing water with DE for application. interesting!

good luck with the battle.

btw there is a more recent thread on Bed bugs. Maybe mod should consolidate.

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2698758-how-to-get-rid-of-bed-bugs/?hl=%20bed%20%20bug

I did not call exterminators , just DIYed those method very vigorously but it is worth it as they seems to be gone

You might want to try using durian husks. I heard that it works but nv try it before. It doesn't kill the bugs, just make them move out of the area.

Can repelled but they might just keep coming back , have to use other method in conjunction to get rid totally . Heat and dust kills best , they alr immune to many sprays , pest exterminators sprays will do the job most likely