Do you think Taxi Driver choose their passengers/customers?

Kelpie

1. Happened to me long time ago at a Taxi stand. I bought bags of stuff and wanted to take a Mercz cab. The Mercz cab declined and asked me to go to the Yellow cab behind.

2. Nevermind, I went to the yellow cab and he asked me why didn't the Mercz car take me. I told him the story and he came down to quarrel with the Mercz Taxi driver.

3. Do you think Taxi drivers still choose their customers, particularly those drive "premuim" cabs?

Regards,

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

Quarrel?? Wahhh.. you must be touched by the yellow cab's driver's action [smallcry]

He's speaking up for you... [laugh]

BTW i got an encounter too:

Once i was driving behind an epmty taxi around 7am, saw 3 students flag for him (From AMK sec, nearby abt 4km away.) He drove on without stopping. Then i saw a guy in Office wear (Shirt n Tie) further down (abt 1km away from those students), the taxi driver stopped for him.

Edited: The cab i mention is only a normal 'old' cab...

Edited by Melissa

Quarrel?? Wahhh.. you must be touched by the yellow cab's driver's action

He's speaking up for you...

BTW i got an encounter too:

Once i was driving behind an epmty taxi around 7am, saw 3 students flag for him (From AMK sec, nearby abt 4km away.) He drove on without stopping. Then i saw a guy in Office wear (Shirt n Tie) further down (abt 1km away from those students), the taxi driver stopped for him.

Edited: The cab i mention is only a normal 'old' cab...

Yalor, thats the 1st time that I appreciated their effort..and later I learnt to come down to quarrel/scold with Taxi uncles [hur]. So in your case, students no money to pay or 3 probably going to 3 different places so may be a waste of time to him.

Regards,

My bf reckon that, maybe the cab driver can tell from their sch uniforms (same colour) that they are from nearby neighbourhood sch, thats why he dun want to waste time to earn such little $$. So when he see that office guy, he stopped for him since usually ppl work far from home.. [;)]

So long ago and still want to relive bad memories. [hur] Anyway, rightfully speaking taxi drivers are not allow to pick and choose. Whoever (taxi driver) is at front of the queue has an obligation to pick the first passenger in the queue unless there are valid reasons like passenger has an unmuzzled fierce dog, or is against their religion, looks dangerous and may cause harm to driver..... [:)] This is speaking from ex-taxi driver point of view. If I was the taxi driver behind that mercedes taxi, I wouldn't bother to quarrel with him. Let others teach him a lesson. [;)]

Mine was the other way round. Merc cab in front, Crown cab behind. The lady in front of me at the taxi stand went to the Crown cab instead of the Merc cab. I took the Merc cab and the driver kept complaining to me that passenger cannot choose cab in taxi queue.

[laugh][laugh][laugh]

Passenger do have the right to choose a cab. In fact, I'm that sort who will do it. Some Taxi uncles told me it makes thing difficult for them but I told them I can wait inside their Taxi for the front Taxi to move out 1st. Between Comfort and City, I onlt take the later.

Regards,

Neutral Newbie
I told him the story and he came down to quarrel with the Mercz Taxi driver.

so what was your story what made the merc cab reject you?

Supercharged

yes, it happened to me few times. taxi-drivers refused on the grounds that i'm going too far and they wld hv to make an empty trip back to town.

now whenever i am flagging down a cab, first thing i will do is ask the driver whether he will take me to my destination. worse case, i will book a cab.

Next Time straight away call the taxi co. and complain then follow by a letter to LTA.....There is no apparent reason for him to rejectshakehead.gif you unless you are carrying durian or dog (religious reason).

In fact there are alot of rules and regulations for taxi driver.

I personally when for the course in 2002....

Personally, I ever got into such a situation before. I hailed a cab, went in, and told him my destination (which is actually only a 5 mins drive away) and he straightaway accept a call and ask me if i could take another cab [furious] without hesitation, I went down and took down his plate number to shoot email.

Supercharged

if i don't do that, i will be taken for a short distance n then asked to alight.

that is worse especially during rainy season.

You did the right thing thumbsup.gif...if eveyone follow suit then i presumed such incident will be minimise and all

those taxi driver that pick & chose will be LL.

You are not govern by any rules and regulations as which taxi you are to take, its your $$ but they are.

I realise ladies tend to be bullied by taxi drivers. I've heard quite a couple of incidents from my female friends about taxi drivers giving them problems.

↡ Advertisement