Exporting car to Malaysia

Shull

Turbocharged

Hi peeps..my ride is now in it's 5th yr..will finish paying loan at dec 2009(7th yr)..

as my car is reg in 2003, the ARF is 130%..so will be getting quite a lump sum from the gahment when i dereg it.

If i sell off this car at it's 7th yr to dealer or what, abit waste, since other than the PARF+COE rebate..can only get additional 5k or so for the body..

So planning to 'export' the vehicle to malaysia for my relatives inside to use as it's still quite new as compared to cars in malaysia..

Would like to find out what are the procedures to deregister the car in SG and register it in Malaysia..do i need to pay any customs duty at the malaysian side?

Thanks

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

u r thinking fm sgp pt of view... how abt m'sia?

u'll nd AP = approved permit to bring cars into boleh land. that will easily set u back RM10-15k. others like inspection, registration fees etc etc...

apart fm difficulties exporting car fm sgp, u gotta think of procedures involved in importing car into m'sia

Turbocharged
(edited)

i am not really worried about the deregistration part in SG..i know someone who actually did the whole dereg process himself..

but the importation into msia is the one worrying me leh..2nd hand need AP meh? i tot only new cars need AP?

Edited by Shull

All ka imported into MY needs AP. That pc of paper could easily cost RM50k depends on whether u get it from d wrong channel. In addition, sometime tis paper may not b valid if u get it from some1 u don't know.

If i don't rem wrongly, there is an import ban on Sg ka into MY.

↡ Advertisement