• Yes, I think so.. it came with the car
    • Yes, it has stopped thief before.
    • Eh... there is nothing to steal from my car
    • Eh... simi is car alarm?
    • No, too many false alarms.
    • No, I hv other priorities
    • No, I park in very secured places/ got CCTV

April 8, 2008 Three cars broken into, valuables stolen

THREE parked cars had their windows smashed and valuables stolen by thieves in three different locations.

On Sunday evening, a man in his mid-30s had about $400 worth of items stolen from his car at the open carpark at Block 359, Clementi Avenue 2.

He parked it there overnight and returned the next morning to find his front passenger window smashed and his cellphone, Bluetooth headset and a pair of sunglasses missing.

On Monday morning, a man in his mid-40s parked his car at an open carpark along Carpenter Street at about 10.35am and returned at 1.30pm to find the rear left passenger window smashed. Missing from his car were a briefcase containing office documents.

In the third break-in, a man in his mid-50s had electronic items stolen from his parked car along Kallang Road on Monday morning.

He had parked his car at about 10am and returned at noon to find the rear left passenger window smashed.

Items including two laptops - one worth $1,200 - a camera worth $270 and camera accessories worth $100 were missing.

Police advise the public not to leave valuables exposed in their vehicles and to lock it away in the boot instead.

Witnesses can call the police hotline at 1800-255-0000.

Just yesterday, one lady driver lost $2K after hiding her handbag below the driver seat before gg to toylet at Jurong Hill. Window was smashed.

http://www.straitstimes.com/Latest%2BNews/...ory_225052.html

basically 4 cars in 2 days... how safe you think it is?

↡ Advertisement

My car has 3M solar film installed. Does this make it harder for thieves to smash through? I wonder.....

i believe shock sensor applies to windscreen only, no? i did enquire before.

best is safety films which are shatter-resistant

my mz3 does not have alarm... anyway alarm is useless here....

car alarm went off, singaporean will just bochup.... damage is already done...

got 2 type... tat one u mention is microwave sensor. another type like mine is motion sensor.

actually my brother wants to get a kia cerato and i advised him to get armoured solar film [cool]

bec he has a baby and if accident, glass will shatter everywhere [dead]

armoured solar film will hold most of these glass shards and will drop down as one piece [sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

i heard 3M don do installation themselve and one have to go to authorised dealers to install

i also understand that the thicker the film, the more armoured

i also understand that it is about 1k to install for normal sedan

does anyone know about this 3M armoured solar film?

I don't think necessary need armor, few years ago, in the news was a car traveling along an e-way got a piece of huge metal rod flew and hit the windscreen. the glass shattered and the whole darn thing was held together by a solar film only.

Taken this excerpt from 3M website :

With 3M Automotive Solar Films, you and your family can breeze through even the hottest days in comfort! Besides keeping the interior of your car cooler, the shatter-resistant 3M Automotive Solar Films can help to deter smash-and-grab crimes and to reduce the chances of serious injuries due to flying shards from shattered automotive windows.

Recently i went up to Genting. Duno why the car alarm not working lei. I thot somehow i drove too fast or ran over too many pot-holes and the car alarm ka-put liao. So i lock manually lor. [:/]

But hor, during one of the NSH stops, the car alarm came back alive again. Seems like the alarm doesnt work in cool climate. [sweatdrop][sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

↡ Advertisement