Price of RX-8?

Soya

Supersonic

Heard that some PIs are taking orders for the 210hp RX-8 at only $128k. Thot it was gonna be priced $140k above!... [thumbsup] Anyone knows if there's any truth to this? [confused]

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

really?? wow!!

actually I dun think they can bring it to $140k and above given the pricing of the 350Z.. otherwise they would be competing a 3 litre turbo car with a 1.3 NA car..

Supersonic

ex meh? thot it was unbelievable given that the euro-r is already going for $132k.

Supersonic

V40 T4 going for $118k last weekend, clearing the last batch of T4s. [bigcry][bigcry]

heard u guys were at turf city last sat?

Supersonic

"...more expensive road tax and insurance also mah.."

which one u toking abt? [confused]

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

don't think it's very ex leh, given the engine has recently just won some awards...thumbsup.gif

if i'm willing to spend that kind on moola, i'll take the RX-8, no questions asked.

Edited by Muddie

Neutral Newbie

road tax for RX8 should be cheap.. 1.3 only mah..tongue.gifwink.gif

but insurance, not sure how they would evaluate a 4 door, NA sports car though.. just wondering whether it would be cheaper than the t4 with a turbo engine..

Supersonic

being a PI car, insurance will probably be higher to start wif, let alone a 210hp rotary. actually, t4 insurance even cheaper than honda jazz.... [rolleyes]

Supersonic

volvo insurance is actually quite reasonable - one of the benefits of being perceived as an ah pek car.... [laugh][laugh]

anyway, my assumption based on someone here who mentioned his/her premium is $1900 wif no NCD. but dunno what driver age lah so maybe got premium loading.

Neutral Newbie

Hi Soya,

Understand from someone who posted in the Mazda Forum that there are 3 versions of the RX-8 which the PIs here are bringing in and I think they are as follows :

210Bhp RX-8 (4-spd Auto)

210Bhp RX-8 (5-spd Manual)

250Bhp RX-8 (6-spd Manual)

I guess you'll probably need to check with the PIs which versions they are bringing in and at what price.