Good food near payer lebar / macpherson?

Wind30

Turbocharged

hi people,

my office just shifted near payer lebar / macpherson... The jam in the morning to terrible.

anyway, is there any good place to eat around there during lunch time and EASY to park.

I tried going geylang rd today but the parking there is quite scarse. I also went boon tong kee at macpherson and parked behind near the private landed property.

Any good place to go for lunch?

↡ Advertisement

Supercharged

Shophouse kopitiam at junction of MacPherson Rd and MacPherson Lane. Duck rice is nice; stall also sells kway-chap. There's also a turtle soup stall there.

(edited)

My company has a small office in that area. I go there at least once a week.

Actually since you know where Boon Tong Kee is, don't think you need recommendations already. That stretch of shophouses have chao chao 20 food outlets.

Parking is easy. Facing Boon Tong Kee, turn left and walk all the way till you come to the end of the row of shophouses. You will see HDB flats and HDB carpark in front of you. That's one place to park. Facing the carpark, turn right and go straight, there's a bigger HDB carpark inside there. At the corner of the bigger carpark there's a small lane that leads to another smaller HDB carpark. Just next to the HDB flats is a private housing estate. Can park there too. Parking is really not a problem there. [;)]

When you're bored with Macpherson Rd, you might want to venture a little further to Upper Payar Lebar road. At the cross junction turn LEFT (turn righ is Payar Lebar Rd w/o the "Upper"). After turning left you should see another stretch of shophouses on your left. About 8 coffeeshops there.

Happy eating. [wave]

Edited by Ultramega

Turbocharged

I know there are a lot of food outlets there. And even more at geylang.... how to try all of them? Any recommendations?

I did not know about the HDB car park. maybe next time park there.

but the traffic is horrendous... really thinking about parking my car and taking company bus... it seems that the bus is faster due to bus lane....

can try the foodcourt at Joo Seng, multi-story carpark is just nearby. There's 2 coffeeshops along aljunied rd and jln mulia. Little road also has a few coffeeshops.

along macpherson rd there's a famous cheok kee duck rice, give it a try. there's also a few coffeeshops nearer to UOB. not to forget the famous Jackson market. its has been vacant and due to tear down soon but some stalls have shifted to the back. can check out the famous prawn mee [thumbsup]

Why cannot try all? i tried 80% of the food outlets already. only those expensive resturants didn't try. wait for customer to come then bring them there then claim..hehe. [;)]

As for recommendations, you can try the zhi char restaurant "Beng Soon" near the HDB carpark. it's air-conditioned but not expensive. kopitiam prices. I like their Hor Fun. It's cantonese style (sauce is whitish).

Few shops away from Beng Soon is an old style kopitiam. the brised duck rice is nice. same stall sells kuay chap too. the deep fried large intestine is a MUST TRY if you are non-muslim.

Cheers.

go GEYLANG la.. Lor 35 got braised duck rice and curry rice... then near lor 39 got tao huey... beside the tao huey got pig intestine soup but after 5 i think... lor 37 got this teo chew porridge which is quite nice and value for $$... lor 33 got claypot rice which is good.. parking might be a problem near lor 35 but the rest of the lorongs not that bad during lunch hour..

Turbocharged
(edited)
upp paya lebar got kay li roast meat

good char siewthumbsup.gif

sounds good. I love char siew. any directions? I tried googling for kay li but cannot find leh.

edit: found it, junction of upper Payer lebar and little road, number 125.

http://ieatishootipost.blogspot.com/2007/0...-move-over.html

so many things to eat. Is the parking good there? A lot of construction right?

Edited by Wind30

Turbocharged
can try the foodcourt at Joo Seng, multi-story carpark is just nearby. There's 2 coffeeshops along aljunied rd and jln mulia. Little road also has a few coffeeshops.

along macpherson rd there's a famous cheok kee duck rice, give it a try. there's also a few coffeeshops nearer to UOB. not to forget the famous Jackson market. its has been vacant and due to tear down soon but some stalls have shifted to the back. can check out the famous prawn mee [thumbsup]

thanks. Found cheok kee: 520 macpherson road. A lot of good reviews. Must visit :)

The food court at Joo Seng, is it along Joo Seng road? Is the multi-story carpark easy to see along Joo Seng road? Thanks for all the recommendations..... :)

yes you can see it if u travel along joo seng rd. there's only 1 MSCP around there, the rest are open CP.

the duck rice at macpherson is good [thumbsup]

if u want aircon environment can try KA ctr. there a foodcourt at level 2 and a pasta cafe at level 1.

from Joo seng all the way to little rd u will pass by PM ind bldg on yr left, there's a food court as well.

at the end of little rd u will hit upp paya lebar where u will find more food, the famous roast meat, traditional bread all over there

Edited by Toyo
↡ Advertisement