Friendstar

To Genting: Picnic or Mazda3sp 1.6?  

82 members have voted

1. 1.

• Picnic
    • Mazda 3 1.6
    • Both CMI. Take Coach better

so now u driving a santa fe? [thumbsup]

Yes, driving...a SF now. Going up Genting even better than Trajet by using the 4WD. [thumbsup]

Go slow lor.... besides, if pads are aftermarket high temp type, no problem (maybe disks wear a wee bit more loh). [laugh]

Can get up there alright already. No petrol station never mind..... coming down can off engine (put to N) and slowly glide along

=================

u wont wanna try that...... damn dangerous...... [:|]

btw.. i dont remember there got mobil lehz.. last sept i jus went wor... mayb i didnt pay attention.

I've seen a few bikes driving down F1 style. With kneecap touching the ground on the turn. Quite fast somemore.

=================

seen em also.. si beh scary lor..... i dont think i have balls for that sia.. mayb tts why i nv take 2B.

Yes, confirm there is a Mobil/Esso station there. Its on the left side, its a old type of station. I was there in March this year,. [:)]

ok must drive at 2nd / 3rd gear?

Yes certain terrain, you need 2nd or 3rd gear even if you got more than 150 bhp.

Dont worry, my 120Y nissan with 4 pax also could go up in 1984 the first time. Even my bro mazda 1000 could make it.

But if you got MT with more than 150 bhp you can beat many cars in going up. Even a MT 1.6cc like my mazda 323 would be fun to chiong up the slope.

Edited by Dumb

Hmmmm....its only after u pass the 2nd guard house(after a roundabout), that u need to engage D1. The road from Sin to that point, normal D drive is acceptable. At least to me. And i'm ferrying 2 kids that time. The journey is abt 15-20 mins depending how fast u drive. [cool]

Got one turning is 270 deg turn to the left side.......and some on a 30-45 deg up-slope on the turn. [dizzy]

But hor, there are penty of cars going fast on these slopes. Quite impress with thier driving skills. These cars will typically cut into yr lane after they pass u, to get a better turning radius on the next turn. So do watch out for them. [sweatdrop]

As mention, do watch out for your kids, they might not take the turning drive well. Prepare lots of plastic bags just in case. [sweatdrop][sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

Ah girl threw up for the 3rd time during this last stretch and wify panic and scream at me for plastic bag, while i struggle with the turnings. U dont want to be in the same situation. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Better still drop them off at the cable car station and let them go up genting via cable car. They can wait for u at the top, its safe, dont worry. [nod]

My return trip i did that, i load up everything and send wify and kids off at the cable station. Meet-up with them down below station. [nod][nod][nod]

wah tats good idea

anyway, the vomiting plus driving while turning makes u feel very man hor? [laugh]

haha.....ur chance is coming soon. U will know how man u are then. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

bro, if you car cannot climp multistory carpark, then u seriously should consider going to sentosa island instead. :)

just kidding.

seriously :

the only enlightenment here is : book your hotel early, find out more about the route. which car? the one with better ICE. its a few hours of driving. :)

1.1 is fine for me. not belittling it at all [;)]. my point being that picnic is unlikely to lose to the getz, as it has 2.0 liter and also vvti which helps for the torque from low to mid range.

i've driven my dad's camry which is also 2.0 and heavy. it's no racer but it does fine on genting. obviously much much faster than my getz though my getz is already adequate. [;)]

Can get up there alright already. No petrol station never mind..... coming down can off engine (put to N) and slowly glide along. [laugh]

i know u are kidding.. but better clarify. brakes "burn" is one thing

no engine, no brake assist by vacuum. now that is far worse than brake overheating [dead]

maybe u not as boliao as me, but i tried before on my van. braking normally adequate.. once off engine.. [shakehead] need to exert alot more force to come to a stop.

btw, i tried under light traffic conditions. obviously not gonna do anything funny like that again. [:p]

the wish is the most stolen car in my....and rav 4 ...

picnic... none.. they dont have picnics up north ...only ipsums 2.4 liter

Edited by Upguy1

No need to be so explicit lah.

There is only 1 famous lor 12, Toa Payoh has no lor 12.

I am driving Mazda 3SP, so can comment on this thread.

When travelled at NSH, even a Gen 2 ate me for breakfast, when I was doing 165km/h.

ok must drive at 2nd / 3rd gear?

Yes certain terrain, you need 2nd or 3rd gear even if you got more than 150 bhp.

Dont worry, my 120Y nissan with 4 pax also could go up in 1984 the first time. Even my bro mazda 1000 could make it.

But if you got MT with more than 150 bhp you can beat many cars in going up. Even a MT 1.6cc like my mazda 323 would be fun to chiong up the slope.

wat if a bugatti veyron har? [dizzy]

Gen 2?!?!?!?!?!

modified?

anyway m3sp realy quite heavy lah

i put 17 inch rims

even chery QQ can eat me for lunch

↡ Advertisement