DBS Esso Mastercard - Gold vs Standard

Kklee

Thinking of apply for the above card. Any idea what are their differences besides the income ceiling/annual fees? Can't seem to find out from their website. Thanks.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

I just applied.

Normal is S$30,000 or S$36,000 (cannot remember clearly)

Gold is S$45,000.

But I cannot find the benefit differences between Normal and Gold. (except the annual fee differences!)

Edited by Puppies

no diff right? still 5% max on discount. 5 + 5, so stoopig kiosk actually is mobilone, so end up still hv to fill up forms to get rewrd points. not beri friendly..

the worst one is at river valley road.. the attendants at esso kiosk is very very rude.

thumbsdown.gifthumbsdown.gif

The classic/standard one is good enough.. unless you want to pay more annual fees, then apply the gold one..

i am sure you are applying for the additional 5% discount..

In terms of discount for petrol, i don't think there is any difference. but discount for other things like restuarants and shopping maybe got difference.

Fill up what form?! I thought for Smiles points, just give the Smiles Driver card enough?

Just called up the DBS, after navigating their seemingly endless menu, got thru to an agent. Initially, she told me they are the same. Upon her checking, the difference is

GOLD $1 = 1 Smile point

STANDARD $1.25= 1 Smile point

Fill up what form?! I thought for Smiles points, just give the Smiles Driver card enough?

esso mastercard one dun hv extra smile card. it all go into the visa card record.

only mobil practise this.

Can I then use the esso mastercard for payment and smiles driver card to chalk up the points?

Turbocharged

yes... that's how i use mine...

btw, wonder any different in credit limit btw the gold and std? i dont have gold card at all .... [:/]

if u currently have a DBS/POSB credit...

just put the the account number u have to the application form can liao...