Citibank Divident Mastercard = Best petrol discount at Esso?

Shouyi

Hi,

Saw the Citibank Ad, which says 8% rebate at Esso. Hence, net discount, including station discount is 12.6% (5% + 8%x95%). Looks like this is the best deal for Esso ? Your comments please..

↡ Advertisement

Sounds good.

Where is the URL talking about this?

Time to switch over from my DBS Esso Master to Citibank Dividend Master

Not sure if that is the best credit card for petrol, but I'm using it. flowerface.gifSo far that is my main card I use even for other purchases or dining at restaurant.

Oh, ic. Want to ask you something then... say you buy $100 petrol at Esso, after station discount is $95. Then 8% rebate is based on $95 I suppose?

[reply]

Oh, ic. Want to ask you something then... say you buy $100 petrol at Esso, after station discount is $95. Then 8% rebate is based on $95 I suppose?

Sorry, I not sure.... Didn't bother to find out the actual calculation... sweatdrop.gif

I'm a user of dividend + smiles card at esso. Citibank's dividend cards discount (8%) is only applied after the petrol station's 5% discount. So, the discount is actually 12.6%

Therefore, it is not the same as 5% + 8% = 13%

But this 8% rebate, 3% will get at the end of the month, while 5% will need to accumulate until $50 before citibank issue a cheque right ?

Neutral Newbie

u are right (wait 3 months to see how much accumlulated) that's why I gave up using the card. On POSB everyday card with SPC, 7% site discount and 5% cash rebate on the spot .. also rebates can use at other retailers too ... I know shell has it with UOB ... but not too sure how tha works ... anyway more SPC around my location ...

Nope, the dividend card's discount is all in cashback. Only the DBS esso mastercard gives direct upfront discount as far as i know.

↡ Advertisement