SCDF ambulance QX 46wu2

Gabriel

wish to relate and incident which took back juz barely an hour back.

was on my way home from work on tampines avenue 9 towards ave 12.

there was this scdf ambulance ..number plate mentioned above

he was going at a speed of 50km/h on lane 2. and me was behind him at first.

saw no traffic in front of him. and there was a van in front of me turning into st.72

so me thought..juz get in front of the ambulance and carry on from there...

since he was going at 50km/h..i repeat once again.

but noe what is the best part. when me reached the next traffic light..

he blasted his sirens at me hur.gif..

me of course couldnt be bothered...it was red light in front..wad can me do but wait for green light.

and there happened to be this van on my rite..yah..maybe it was the van me thought was turning right but which din make the turn..me not sure but that is not impt..coz the pple in that van thought me was inconsiderate by blocking the ambulance hur.gif

ok..lights turned green...me went off...all fuming inside of coz...

then at the next traffic light..me wound down the window..asked the ambulance driver ...

wad he wan..and shouted out loud..'u sure u are in an emergency or not'

piangz...i mean wtf lor...he continued hogging with the blinkers on after dat...

i mean..wad is the mentality of ambulance drivers these days..

u on blinkers...and u wanna chiong ..that is fine with me...coz that is ur job...

but knn..u on blinkers..then road hog..then blast horn at pple at traffic lights when they cut in front of u from a distance of 200m or more...hur.gif

do they realli think they own the road hur.gifanyway..me feedback to scdf..but not sure useful or not..

or is there anyway to make sure me get a reply..any bros can help

here's wad me wrote btw :

Subject: Emergency Ambulance Service

Feedback: I wish to feedback on an issue regarding the ambulances of scdf, particularly the one i met just now along tampines avenue 9 towards sunplaza park. there was this ambulance QX 4652 going at a pace of 50km/h with blinkers on, thinking that this was just a case of forgetting to switch off the blinkers on the driver''s part..me proceeded to filter right in front of him as there was still a distance of 200m or more befor the traffic light and there was a van on my right going at an equally slow speed... But 10seconds after reached the traffic lights, i heard the siren of the ambulance coming from the one me had met earlier. Sir, i do not understand the attitude of this particular ambulance driver and maybe you could explain to me. As far as me understand, if the blinkers or siren are on, the ambulance has every right to travel fast so long as it is within safety considerations to the road users and those inside ambulance.. So what me do not get it that. Why on blinkers if he wants to go slow. and why blast sirens at innocent civilians who had no idea that an emergency situation was on hand coz there definitely was no sense of emergency judging from the way he was driving. Are ambulance drivers trying to send a message that as long they on the blinkers, or blast horns at other road users , we have to give way though fully knowing the ambulance driver has the intention to road hog or be a road bully. Could the authorities kindly explain the action of this particular ambulance driver.cause me find it uncalled for. There is a last part which me left out. This ambulance driver continued hogging the road after the lights went green. Me have upmost respect for the men and officers of the SCDF as me have relatives in high positions who once served there but this incident saddens me and me hope something can be done.

Edited by Gabriel
↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

There is also a report in ST forum.. someone followed the ambulance and see whether they are really in emergency mode.. knn.. found out they used the siren and lights just to get back to the hospital and park and watch newspaper!!

I think someone has to stand out and explain.. what are the rules and regulations of using the siren and blinkers?? I thought at least they have to inform the HO they are using it?? If they use it just to go fast in traffic jams.. what rights do we have as citizens to ensure they do not abuse the trust we place in them?

saw that article too...in was on my mind actualli when me asked the ambulance driver that qn.

and wad the heck blast horns....hur.gifand make me look like a fool...knn...

so feel like doing bondage to the 2 pricks now..unimpressed.gif

one guy one gal to be precise..and the girl was worst..behaved as if it were the norm...

or maybe three stripes on the uniform allows on to ignore things or conduct these acts..

so um..someone has to stand out and explain...

why not those who encounter things like this..stand up in unison and demand an explanation...

me alone cant do much sweatdrop.gif

sweatdrop.gif...u r not wrong...me dun mind speeding ambulances and horns being blast at me if me hog u..

but um..this time..u hog me..then u blast horns at me hur.gif...knn...

realli felt like following them and seeing where they were headed...

and u can be sure of 1 thing...

if there were realli someone in need of an emergency..u can be sure that this ambulance in particular will fail its duty...

sweatdrop.gif..looking at the way he drives..me and the rest of the bros here can proudly declare....

MY GRANDMOTHER CAN DRIVE FASTER THEN U ...straight into his face lipsrsealed.gif

me dun mind speeding ambulances and horns being blast at me if me hog u..

but um..this time..u hog me..then u blast horns at me

Yeah Bro [mad][mad][mad] If genuine case, still never mind [nod][nod][nod]

but some simply jus mis-use their rights [rifle][rifle][rifle]

Supercharged

Probably some bochap guy serving out his NS. Once saw a SCDF twin-cab lorry parked in a side road off Jalan Kayu. Two guys were kooning in the passenger cabin, with aircon on and engine running. As I was crossing Jln Kayu to collect otah from the shop here, the driver and front passenger were strolling back to the truck after their kopi break at one of the shops. Called SCDF hotline to complain; dunno if they did anything.

At the start of the thread you left out the fact that the ambulance had the blinker lights on until almost at the end. With or without the blinker lights on, you should not have manouvered from behind the ambulance to infront of it.

For all you know, the ambulance could be answering a call and trying to locate the location. When approaching a situation where you see a emergency vehicle in front, alway take a defensive position that that emergency vehicle may stop or turn suddenly. Always give way to emergency vehicle.

I am sorry but this situation, I guess you were in the wrong.

Bro,

Firstly, you might want to tidy up your england in the feedback leh.. not many people can understand [:p]

Secondly, what is the speed limit of that road? [sly]

eh..ur case..me wont mind lipsrsealed.gif

afterall who doesnt slack during reservist de lipsrsealed.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Probably some bochap guy serving out his NS. Once saw a SCDF twin-cab lorry parked in a side road off Jalan Kayu. Two guys were kooning in the passenger cabin, with aircon on and engine running. As I was crossing Jln Kayu to collect otah from the shop here, the driver and front passenger were strolling back to the truck after their kopi break at one of the shops. Called SCDF hotline to complain; dunno if they did anything.

sweatdrop.gif..but blinkers on..and hogging sweatdrop.gif....

and um..me normally give way to emergency vehicles...tongue.gif

but me dun get it..if u on an emergency case....go fast please...

show the sense of urgency...

dun dilly dally and be a road bully when pple realise that hey...

u were not in a hurry at all lipsrsealed.gif

diff scenario le bah...

but why not...sly.gif..esp if u are going at the recommended speed of the road or vehicle...

and u are at the left most lane...

and all of a sudden..the sirens of TP is rite in ur face sweatdrop.gif....

surely u want to noe why they did that....am i rite sweatdrop.gif

coz afterall..the leftmost lane is the slower of the lane..and rightmost still serves as an overtaking lane...

no doubt me is on a small road

bro, if got no video or any other proof, its very much your word against theirs...ultimately, its a rule that all vehicles MUST give way to emergency vehicles, but i don't remember reading that these emergency vehicles have to be in real emergency situation or not

think he juz left his HQ bah...

but its wierd lor...sweatdrop.gif..coz think the gal sitting beside him was his immediate supervisor..but me could be wrong tongue.gif

but me did qn him...coz his windows was down..so me horned to get his attention..then asked him...

' u sure u are on an emergency or not'....unimpressed.gif

sounds stewpid to ask that ...but sure beats using vulgarities on him...which me find inappropriate at that moment tongue.gif

↡ Advertisement