Msia toll by card only

Pisces69

Hi all. Just to share that I went in JB today & checked with the toll booth guy who confirmed that by May, all toll charges will only b collected by "Touch n Go" card.

That means cashless payment only. So those who go in regularly better get the card soon.

Can we share here where is the place to buy this card & the most convenient place to top-up this card in SG or MY.

I u'stand it can b topped-up at Maybank branches in SG but does that mean we all have to open a Maybank account here just for this? Seems quite silly then. [gossip]

↡ Advertisement

Can we share here where is the place to buy this card & the most convenient place to top-up this card in SG or MY.

Buy from the toll booth guy at custom.

OK Thanks but where is the most convenient place to top-up in SG?

I wonder if next time most JB petrol stations wil b able to do a top-up for us? That wud also b convenient. [nod]

Maybank already stopped this service like 2 years ago........ Apparently, the damn T&G cards have an expiry if they've been dormant for more than 6 months. You can go read their website........ some stoopid rules that even says that to maintain/re-instate the card, one gotta pay. [rolleyes] (Might as well get a new one like that).

OK so it seems that petrol stations near the c'way & 2nd link wil b able to do a top-up. Like that is OK cos we mostly go in for petrol so need to stop there anyway.

How much to buy the TnG card?

Hi all. Just to share that I went in JB today & checked with the toll booth guy who confirmed that by May, all toll charges will only b collected by "Touch n Go" card.

That means cashless payment only. So those who go in regularly better get the card soon.

I u'stand it can b topped-up at Maybank branches in SG but does that mean we all have to open a Maybank account here just for this? Seems quite silly then. [gossip]

I know the Caltex at Taman Pelangi can top up for you at a fee.

I normally top up when further up north, free.

Neutral Newbie

yes, I have just called Maybank and confirmed that the T.N.G.

card can only be purchase and top up in M'sia.

Maybank has stop this service last year. [rolleyes][rolleyes]

Oh. So some places charge a fee to top-up & some places do it for free.

Like that we must find out the places that r free 1st.

I checked the TnG website & seems mostly only Caltex stations can do top-up. [:(]

Other stations do not support TnG yet. Maybe after if becomes compulsory, more stations will jump in but I think for a fee. [thumbsdown]

OK thanks. So the cost of the card is RM10 each.

Now we got to search for the places that can do top-up & better still, those that do it for free. Mostly in JB. [nod]

I don't think they say it "expires" unlike out NETS card which has an EOL in 5 years n cannot b used anymore.

The TnG card can b used until it malfunctions. Hopefully it lasts longer then 5 years. But if it's made in China, then maybe 5 months only. [:/]

now think got Promotion...

they giving free insurance for 1 yr at RM10K...

tomorrow will ask the counter where can top up 4 free...