The kind of 'tricks' that property agents play.

Gearoil

Last Saturday paper featured property agents and their trade....some claimed to be even making $50000 per mth on the average. [jawdrop] ....But then there are agents who are ethtical and those who are termed as rogue agents.

There has been talk ( with little results ) after all these years, of rules and regulations to rein in the agents who 'take their customers' for a ride.

There are even some who use legal jardons to scare their clients.

With the current property boom, it is no wonder many agents are 'up to their old tricks' again.

Of course, not to be biased, there are times that the agent's clients are at fault.

So what are the pitfalls and good points to look out for when dealing with property agents? [;)]

All MCFers who had good or bad experience, are up for discussion in this post ( including sales and rental ) to make forumers more aware of the pitfalls when dealing with an agent.

↡ Advertisement

when the nmarket was real hot, some agent got owners to presign the option, and then on-sell the option for profit. i had one case where the agent was practically creating an auction for the option. think he made about 50k from that one tranasction.

Neutral Newbie

By the way you mention "current property boom", seems obvious to me you are quite ignorant about the current market sentiment. Getting an agent probably similar to going to a doctor or a lawyer. Why do you choose certain doctors or lawyers?

Turbocharged

i dont think it's fair to place doctor and lawyer together in this case...

doctor is one of the most "reliable" professional you can trust but lawyer is one of the most "Uunrealiable" person you should trust.

i know i trust doctor's words much much more than any lawyer, businessman or banker... [laugh]

These days even words of doc shld also be taken with a pinch of salt at times..

I got a female fren who is so slim and still wanted to go liposuction to so-called draw out the fats in her tummy (she is abt 1.68m tall and weighs 50kg). She went to see an aesthetic doc abt it and to my horror, the doc who I believe was eager to get the business, told her he could easily draw out few kgs of fats from her tummy with liposuction..I heard before that Liposuction is a procedure that carries a certain amt of risk and is only recommended to be carried out on obese patients where other slimming methods had failed and yet this doc did not exercise professionalism and instead make this fren of mine feel further depressed she is fat when everyone could see she is not. so unethical..

Edited by Damienic

Neutral Newbie

And there are scarier stories! Everything is abt. $$$ now and docs were even found hard selling health supplements to their patients. This guy is suffering from romantic delusion after watching too much "Miow Sho Ren Sing 3" [laugh][laugh][laugh]

She is very obsessed abt slimming indeed..everyday take slimming coffee..refused to take advice from anyone.. [shakehead] such things take long term will be detrimental to the health

Turbocharged

well, not me...there was a report about most trustable "professional" and their ranking...

can't really remember all but i still remember teacher, doctor, are the tops and banker, lawyer,businessmen the lowest since they only interest in your $$$..... [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

I see; u're the type who read surveys and reports and take them as the gospel truth eh [nod] Well time to walk the ground and look look see see lad; u're truly out of touch with the real world [gossip]

Singaporeans have shown "unity" after the toilet escape...it was reported as such...so u buy this sh*t since u trust unverified reports so much? [sly][laugh][laugh][laugh]

Neutral Newbie

Come to think of it; which doctor u went to which is not interested in yr money har? [hur] Can recommend or not? [laugh][laugh][laugh]

↡ Advertisement