Trusty

Which fridge brand is better?  

88 members have voted

1. 1.

• mitsubishi
    • samsung
    • lg

Neutral Newbie

As I had no problem for my Panasonic fridge for 12yrs.

Just bought a new MIJ one for my new house.

Hello where i can get this Panasonic refrigerator i see it only in Panasonic japan local

Did this good.. Dont do voice all day

Give me ur opinion

Need to buy fridge, my current one going to up lorry soon. Looking at 700 to 800mm width size one. In the range of 400 to 500L capacity.

Budget about $1k.

Hope to have automatic ice maker and anti-odour function. Also twin cooling preferred.

Current one is Toshiba and have the above functions.

Any to recommend? Japanese or Korean? The salesman at Mustafa recommends Beko which will fit my criteria. But they dont carry that brand.

Also delivery charge must be reasonable. HN wants $50 for every floor for my walk up 5 level apartment. BD only a single $30 charge. Courts wants $10 every level. Mustafa wants $15 every level.

The charging of every level difference so much between different shops?!  :o  But carrying a big fridge up 5 level no joke sia.

Need to buy fridge, my current one going to up lorry soon. Looking at 700 to 800mm width size one. In the range of 400 to 500L capacity.

Budget about $1k.

Hope to have automatic ice maker and anti-odour function. Also twin cooling preferred.

Any to recommend? Japanese or Korean? The salesman at Mustafa recommends Beko which will fit my criteria. But they dont carry that brand.

Also delivery charge must be reasonable. HN wants $50 for every floor for my walk up 5 level apartment. BD only a single $30 charge. Courts wants $10 every level. Mustafa wants $15 every level.

Beko is under arcelik group. European in turkey. I had a Blomberg washer and dryer made by the same group. Never again. I rather stick with Japanese brands made in Thailand. Or if you willing to pay more made in Japan ones.

No fisher and paykel for me too. Bottom line is avoid Ang mo brands. To me it’s the same concept as their cars. Jap still more reliable.

Maybe I might try LG. Their washing machines are decent. But no Samsung anything for me. I don’t own a single Samsung product. To me Samsung products self destruct after their warranty ends.

Edited by Mkl22
  • Praise 2

I had a Maytag, robust workhorse. But heater spoilt, wear and tear.

Now I run without heater, but with a programmed power timer for defrost.

Then I bought a Panasonic People in my family like it. But one LED spoiled and I replaced it, with a soldering iron.

Used to have a low end Mitsubishil long time ago. The only thing that wears out is the door seal and a leaky wire.

I think, generally, if the fridge does not have complicated features, it will last a long time.

So I'll probably look for your features that you require and shop for the cheapest.

Japanese brands have a long history, so you can't really go wrong with them.

Having said that, I also have a LG mini-bar fridge, still chugging along for many years.

Wear and tear parts are expected to be replaced periodically.

I wouldn't buy into the 10~20 years compressor warranty hype either. They never seem to spoil.

Edited by Kb27

Can't go wrong with LG or Samsung but I will still look for those "Made in Korea" ones.

Japanese brands mostly made in other countries except for the expensive ones.

Budget about $1k.

Your walk up apartment additional charge is unavoidable. Shops sure have to charge some amount. 5 stories no joke

Anyway, I used Korean and FP brands in my experience.

Stick to Korean.

The thing is the compressor in many brands belongs to one or two brands only. I remember it's Panasonic and another brand.

So the fridge can be LG, but the compressor is Panasonic brand.

In the whole world, only 2 brands of compressors are used in most fridge brands.

So end of day, the performance is the almost the same for all Fridges.

The features of individual brands will make the difference for consumers.

Yesterday dropped by Best Denki warehouse sales. Saw a fridge that we liked. This one : https://www.harveynorman.com.sg/kitchen-appliances/appliances/refrigerators/panasonic-fridge-nr-by608xssg.html

Selling at $999 only. Side panels slightly dented but we dont mind. However the manager refused to sell us the fridge cos their delivery guys dont want to carry this 94kg large fridge up 5 levels.

• Praise 1

Yesterday dropped by Best Denki warehouse sales. Saw a fridge that we liked. This one : https://www.harveynorman.com.sg/kitchen-appliances/appliances/refrigerators/panasonic-fridge-nr-by608xssg.html

Selling at $999 only. Side panels slightly dented but we dont mind. However the manager refused to sell us the fridge cos their delivery guys dont want to carry this 94kg large fridge up 5 levels.ð«

The search continues..........

That's a really large fridge. 602L
  • Praise 1

Twincharged

Selling at $999 only. Side panels slightly dented but we dont mind. However the manager refused to sell us the fridge cos their delivery guys dont want to carry this 94kg large fridge up 5 levels.ð«

So light only? For such a big fridge? Even I weigh about the same as the fridge !!

So light only? For such a big fridge? Even I weigh about the same as the fridge !! ð

Lol the fridge is hollow/empty mah.

Supersonic

Maybe they refuse coz that's how the fridge got it's dents to start wif....?
↡ Advertisement