Which fridge brand is better?

Trusty

Which fridge brand is better?  

88 members have voted

1. 1.

• mitsubishi
    • samsung
    • lg

currently looking to replace my old 1.. shortlisted the above 3. no idea about fridges... but somehow im leaning towards lg. yup..

in terms of reliability and functions... which is better?

Edited by Trusty
↡ Advertisement

(edited)

at about 900kw/h is that saving alot? i have in mind a lg fridge with a water dispenser on the door.. looks good [thumbsup]

Edited by Trusty

But the savings on your monthly elect bill would be better, the cost of the fridge is a one time cost which you control. The cost of elect is a monthly cost, which is only going to go up.

This is the reaason why i got an F & P instead of normal fridge, my bills are lower. And when elect increase comes in (April), it affects me less.

will keep that in mind. didnt notice the energy saving on it

the f&p fridge looks just like a normal fridge to me. nothing fancy that attracts me but something appealing that shuns me away (price) [laugh][laugh][laugh]

i dunno abt the cooling load. rotary basically works like the invertor. so when enuff cooling, it run slower. becos it is consistently working along the parabolic power curve, this does not add surge/ spikes and drains the electricity.

water dispenser... i recommend u give it a go. esp now with HFMD, chill water r condusive to bacteria.

size of fridge should suit ur need. dun get bigger fridge as u r paying for unnecce cooling load.

in fact, if not needed, dun put stuff inside. chill meat for 1-2 days is ok, beyond tat, it's as bad as buying frozen food.

so plan ur need, not wat u greed.

hmmm...u have a point. but am not sure how does the things i put into the fridge help in the savings.

simple.. 2-3 person in house = small fridge is more then enuff

stuff like canned food do not need to b in the fridge. some stuff need to hv cool storing places not means store in chilled environment.

chilling -- cheese, meat and vegetables (but becos it is very convinient now to buy them, there is really no reason to store a week's supplies)

cold storage -- i recommend u spend more time making ice. if there r odd days when u need more ice, get ice boxes and buy ready ice fr places like wet market or even 7-11. it will still cost u less time and electricity to produce them and store them.

Edited by Apollo

i was thinking if i had more things in the fridge, the energy consumption would be more due to the cooling thingy..

wasnt referring to the users [lipsrsealed]

Maybe I don't know how to maintain my F&P fridge but I'm not getting ROI as it's almost coming to 5 years and its seems to be dying. The auto defrost doesn't seem to work sometimes and the technician recommend me to turn it off to defrost it! [thumbsdown]