1. 1.

• mitsubishi
    • samsung
    • lg

4 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

5 weeks with the new Bosch fridge. 

Happy and please!!!

hopefully can last another 23 years!!! [:p][laugh][laugh]

not healthy to keep a fridge for 23 years lah, not about the quality deteriorate that cause your health but the health of economy, basket must wait for 23 years just to make few hundreds dollar from you. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 3

Internal Moderator
5 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

not healthy to keep a fridge for 23 years lah, not about the quality deteriorate that cause your health but the health of economy, basket must wait for 23 years just to make few hundreds dollar from you. 

Then how often you change your fridge arh? Your house must have 2 fridge. haha.

• Haha! 1

9 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

Then how often you change your fridge arh? Your house must have 2 fridge. haha.

only a small one, every 10 years, no spoil also must change [laugh]

but tv use for more than 15 yrs liao still waiting for it to spoil [laugh]  

• Shocked 1

5 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

KNN!!! <_<[laugh][laugh]

Internal Moderator
27 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

You still using Plasma TV arh? hahah.

• Haha! 1

Supersonic
17 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Hmm guys. 

My freezer is cold but the lower compartment refrigerator is warm. My freezer is bit full but don't think it's overloaded. From what I read 

https://www.dtappliance.com/blog/refrigerator-warm-but-freezer-cold/

Worth repair? 

This is common problem, for me anyway.

If you can, check if the freezer coil is covered with ice.

Usually, the heater (defroster) that melts the ice is not working. Ice acts as an insulator, prevents the cold from coming out of the coil. So your fridge side is no longer cold.

• Praise 3

24 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Hmm guys. 

My freezer is cold but the lower compartment refrigerator is warm. My freezer is bit full but don't think it's overloaded. From what I read 

Worth repair? 

I faced the same problem recently and below is what i had posted in the previous page:

The other day, there were "perspiration" condensation in the chiller but the freezer was operational. I suspected that it was over stuffed. So, I move some of the contents away from the air vents and fortunately it worked!

• Praise 2

26 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Hmm guys. 

Worth repair? 

same problem I had, I didnt repair because last I check cost about $300, so I bought a new one for slightly above $1000, but mine is a 23 years old lao aunty..^_^[laugh][laugh]

1 hour ago, Fitvip said:

I faced the same problem recently and below is what i had posted in the previous page:

The other day, there were "perspiration" condensation in the chiller but the freezer was operational. I suspected that it was over stuffed. So, I move some of the contents away from the air vents and fortunately it worked!

I did that. But even the freezer has some mild condensation. 

Anyway I went GC and bought a fridge. Same brand. Same size roughly. 

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Tianmo said:

same problem I had, I didnt repair because last I check cost about $300, so I bought a new one for slightly above $1000, but mine is a 23 years old lao aunty..^_^[laugh][laugh]

Yeah I just went to buy. Delivering tomorrow night. 

• Praise 2

Lucky my current fridge, roughly 1+ years old is duo compressor. Freezer and chiller independent of each other. The freezer can configure to run as a chiller only too or power it down completely.

So won’t have your type of problem.

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, Adrianli said:

Lucky my current fridge, roughly 1+ years old is duo compressor. Freezer and chiller independent of each other. The freezer can configure to run as a chiller only too or power it down completely.

So won’t have your type of problem.

What fridge is this. From my understanding by the sales person the freezer cannot function fully as a refrigerator. He say it will just go power saving mode. It's dual circulation. 

My current one is dual circulation also. He say if single circulation can't do fast freezing. 

Anyway I not sure if my freezer part is still working well. I thought it was fine in early or mid afternoon. But when i showed my wife. Maybe some condensation in freezer.

I don't want to open up the fridge unnecessarily from now on until I'm ready to transfer the items. 

I saw the few 400+L dual door models there. Hitachi. LG. Samsung. Beko. Electrolux. 

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 1

3 hours ago, Kb27 said:

This is common problem, for me anyway.

If you can, check if the freezer coil is covered with ice.

Usually, the heater (defroster) that melts the ice is not working. Ice acts as an insulator, prevents the cold from coming out of the coil. So your fridge side is no longer cold.

Where is this freezer coil? Behind? 

3 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Usually right at the back for the freezer compartment behind a plastic cover with vents.

• Praise 3

1 hour ago, Lala81 said:

What fridge is this. From my understanding by the sales person the freezer cannot function fully as a refrigerator. He say it will just go power saving mode. It's dual circulation. 

My current one is dual circulation also. He say if single circulation can't do fast freezing. 

Anyway I not sure if my freezer part is still working well. I thought it was fine in early or mid afternoon. But when i showed my wife. Maybe some condensation in freezer.

I don't want to open up the fridge unnecessarily from now on until I'm ready to transfer the items. 

I saw the few 400+L dual door models there. Hitachi. LG. Samsung. Beko. Electrolux. 

Samsung

6B3D669D-BA01-4A2D-B53C-2FE91E986AAF.thumb.jpeg.4526c2328b37c6c4338b337cc120b503.jpeg

5CAC8420-7223-4260-8603-BCF4B7AFA2C6.thumb.jpeg.7d270392c2eb3f2df3ddc0fcfe9428ed.jpeg

• Praise 2

45 minutes ago, Adrianli said:

Samsung

6B3D669D-BA01-4A2D-B53C-2FE91E986AAF.thumb.jpeg.4526c2328b37c6c4338b337cc120b503.jpeg

5CAC8420-7223-4260-8603-BCF4B7AFA2C6.thumb.jpeg.7d270392c2eb3f2df3ddc0fcfe9428ed.jpeg

I see. 

There's one Samsung model with twin cooling that he said its just twin fans. Not dual compressor. Maybe the cheaper model. 

• Praise 1

Supersonic
3 hours ago, Lala81 said:

I have an old Maytag side-by-side. The cooling (freezer) coil is hidden by a panel tray. Behind on top is a circulating fan that brings the cold air over to the fridge side. 

A thermostat and heater is clipped on the cooling coil. The repairman told me, the heater turns on every 8 hours to melt the ice. When the heater died, stopped working, the ice just builds up bigger and bigger, then little cold air is circulated to the fridge section, so it gets warmer.

New technology fridge may have different designs, but you can't get away from a compressor, a cooling coil. and a heater (for automatic defrosting)

My Maytag heater spoiled twice. One time was the thermostat. I swapped over the thermostat from a defective heater (it's an assembly), and got to work for a couple of years. Then they died again. 

I got tired of replacing the heater.thermostat and was about to throw it away, after buying a Panasonic replacement.

But I decide to plug it on a programmable AC timer. Using time setting, I cut off the power for a certain hours and that becomes a manual defroster, no need for a heater.

Bcuz I learned that commercial freezer does not use heater. Food stays fresher longer. They actually used the same method of cutting off the power.

Walk in to a supermart and observe the freezers. Some have time stated when the power is cut off. They don't use heater to defrost.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3