Laundry Drying system - Pull-down/Push-up type

Donut

Supercharged

hi,

anyone knows where to buy the above and how much?

those made of stainless steel or alumimnum?

to be fitted into HDB.

↡ Advertisement

Whoa... Don't buy laa... your electricity bill will go spiralling up. Just buy a good detergent that will protect your laundry from smelling even if dry under no sunlight is better....

Just my 2 cents...

Edited by Tjkbeluga

Supercharged

what u talking about?

i'm referring to those poles that are mounted on the ceiling..... not a Dryer machine....

those poles mounted on the ceiling and when u need to hang clothes, you just pull it down, put all the clothes and push up.....

lol.. i think he read it wrongly la.. misleading.. keke.. i oso looking at the same system as you. easier to hang clothes

Supercharged

got neighbour who used to hv this installed but it was subsequently removed. not user-friendly.

according to her, can't hang much unless yr laundry are first placed on hangers then placed on this system.

Supercharged

yeah lor.... hang on hangers first, then hang onto the poles lor....

this way, got more space....

those normal bamboo poles, also must do same way..... normal bamboo poles are not that long also.

Supercharged

okay, if u want to go this way, get good hangers especially with shoulder pads cos if biz shirt not so bad but tees will go out of shape if used on conventional hanger.

plus, give the item a good shake to loosen it up before u hang, makes ironing a breeze.

Solar clothes drying system

Any recommendations with a system that allows indoor and outdoor as I can see Steigen has a model pushing out of the window 

19 minutes ago, Jtb said:

Any recommendations with a system that allows indoor and outdoor as I can see Steigen has a model pushing out of the window 

I can't speak for steigen cos I recently got an indoor china one from taobao. Tai Tai Le.

But i think these type of drying systems the main problem is the fan and heater is only at both ends. the center is the light.
So your clothes maybe dryer over the ends, but the center is still damp/wet.
And the parts below are usually not dry.
Can the steigen do better? i doubt so cos its exactly the same thing and at most have a better heating element? (which I'm dubious) and runs off the same lighting point.

I also have a tumble vented dryer.

My summary is only get it if u want an automated up/down rack. the drying function is pretty waste time despite all these people having great reviews online or what.

Is it better than nothing? Yes. Is it actually going to dry your clothes well? Yeah well only part of the clothes are dry which kinda defeat the purpose. Cos u can't really put it in the closet yet. And u probably need to adjust your clothes repeatedly to get it to dry. And i didn't even run them on rainy days. 
It's nowhere close to being as useful/fuss free as a cheap tumble dryer. People who talk about it probably don't have a proper dryer at home which is just way way better.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 3

I'm just glad i spent 200+ dollars + 120 dollars for the installation by the ID.

If i spent 900 bucks on a steigen, I would probably be pretty pissed with the buy. Cos i can buy 2 Europace vented  dryers for that price.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 3

40 minutes ago, Jtb said:

Any recommendations with a system that allows indoor and outdoor as I can see Steigen has a model pushing out of the window 

I'm using Steigen. The basic up-down with heater and ionizers. No complaints. Does the job. My yard is small so the rep came down took measurements and recommend us a model. 

If you have the heater, no point paying more for those push out models. I went with Steigen as the cost is around the same after adding those features/installation for other brands. 

12 minutes ago, Jtb said:

I am glad to get your msg thinking it helps and didn't helped much with the comments, thank you

no problem. Haha maybe i just need to vent a bit.

I have had dryers for 8 years since I had kids. Then my friend said steigen very good buy (though he has no kids). So i just try something similar.
If it worked out, i considered junking my dryer if really no need. But it's quite underwhelming lah. Even more underwhelming than i expected.

But automated rack is nice. If it spoils, i just get an automated rack with no drying function.

Just now, Stratovarius said:

I'm using Steigen. The basic up-down with heater and ionizers. No complaints. Does the job. My yard is small so the rep came down took measurements and recommend us a model. 

If you have the heater, no point paying more for those push out models. I went with Steigen as the cost is around the same after adding those features/installation for other brands. 

hmm for ones u buy in china, it's about 30-35% of the price in SG.

My model equivalent other than the app capability is the steigen solar. I paid low 200 for it. 

Its only about low 20kg volumetric weight by sea shipping. 

Frankly don't see the point of buying local. Other than WiFi which is quite pointless for a rack. 

↡ Advertisement