Recommendation for DECT phones (Digital Cordless Phone)

Protege

Dear All,

My Siemens Dect phone at home is failing due to age and its time to get a new one. I need a DECT phone with speakerphone capability and also good talktime. Anyone has any brand and model to recommend and also lobang to get it cheap?

Awaiting all good advice! [thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement

I got a thread on this liao ....

But generally ... get whatever DECT phone ... and use Eneloop or Maha rechargeable batteries.

My Siemens DECT (made in Germany back then) did not last me more than 2 years. Overcharging/overheating caused the connectors/circuitry to fail, thus change battery could not resolve the problem. Had to throw all 3 away.

Prior to and after the Siemens, had bought various other made-in-China/Malaysia US brands. These all fail within a year, either due to some problem or another.

Then when I built my new house, decided to buy Bang and Olufsen DECT phones (made in Denmark then). These lasted for 8+ years already ..... all 5 of em, still going strong and no need to change the batteries too. I believe this all boils down to the design and especially a cutoff switch to prevent overcharging.

But the current B&O DECT phones are now made in the Czech Republic (as I understand it), so I cannot vouch for the same reliability as the original Danish-made ones.

Edited by Jolie888

B&O? Those much cost a bomb.

For me, I seldom use home phone. Only use during teleconference and the occasional calling of my parents. The phone seldom ring.

Guess from your review, seems like Siemens still pretty reliable compared to others. I will keep a look out! Thanks for your info! [thumbsup]

I tried to search also cannot find. Thats why ask you. So which brand or model was highly recommended bro? Maybe you can give me feedback since you have receive them during your previous post....

Usually the batteries that they give ... CMI one.

So for mine ... I don't use home phone much .... so I can live with the lousy battery life for now. But got few discussion on the batteries awhile back ... so can get those with battery life.

I bought the Phillips one....lousy...used less than 2 years up lorry.

Then use my Shell Rewards to change the Panasonic DECT....used for 5 yrs liao...still going strong. Just need to change the rechargeable every year and talk time is solid.

Ok, now another choice which is Panasonic. So I will go compare and see which is more attractive in features, looks and price.

My siemens is still going strong for battery performance. The prob is the mic and speaker is having problem. So have to change...

Neutral Newbie

I used Philips DECT phone before. Really CMI but they have something in common. Both kee chia after exactly 1.5 years [rifle] and servicing cost more than 50% of a new DECT phone. Mind as well buy a new one.

Want me to recommend? I'd say any other brands, except Philips.

BTW, a friend of mine recommends Siemens, though not-as-nice but durable.

Sad to say, I am not a big fan of local brand. But I will take a look when I am there. If price is interesting, it may end up in my house! [laugh]

Neutral Newbie
Dear All,

My Siemens Dect phone at home is failing due to age and its time to get a new one. I need a DECT phone with speakerphone capability and also good talktime. Anyone has any brand and model to recommend and also lobang to get it cheap?

Awaiting all good advice! [thumbsup]

Panasonic dect phone at sim lim

strangely the philip dect phone which I have is working well, unlike the others..

anyway, such phones are not expensive, 2 to 3 years are about there.... if it last too late, i can't have good excuse to change new ones [laugh]

↡ Advertisement