Recommendation for DECT phones (Digital Cordless Phone)

Protege

If a DECT phone can last me 2 years enough liao. My Siemens as lasted me around that time also! Somemore mine is made in germany one!

btw, if you buy the philip phone, it comes with free alarm clock.. [laugh]

and I think their design is better than siemens and and panasonic. but that's just my own preference

I have a Panasonic KX-TCD230.

http://www.panasonic.com.sg/web/Pid/241

KX-TCD230_w.jpg

Been using it for 2 years, so far so good. No problems at all. The speakerphone on the base station is damn loud and clear. Even the receiver itself has speakerphone function so you are not restricted to having your conference at a fixed location. You can have it in the garden if you like. [thumbsup]

Sad to say, I am not a big fan of local brand. But I will take a look when I am there. If price is interesting, it may end up in my house! [laugh]

Just imagine it to be Japanese! After all it sounds like one! [laugh][laugh]

actually if you do not have a need for a fax and most of us are not always at home is there actually a need to have a fix line phone

I am thinking of just using my mobile phone especially when there are so many good offers now those people like agent and so on i give them my hi phone number hope this is food for thought

Turbocharged

been using a Phillips DECT for 4+ yrs...still ok.

but mine is low end model.no frills, just wanted the DECT clarity.

I hear about Seimens too....they are like the old AT&T (cordless phone)....the Rolls Royce of cordless phone. Ugly....but damn good. Clear and super long range.

But so far my Panasonic has been serving me well....and talktime every increasing !! (cos the rechargeable battery capacity getting better and better...)

Am using siemen for past 2/3 years and have not change the battery yet and the lifespan is still ok . Will buy back the same brand next time

How come no one talk about Motorola ...

Mine is Moto Dect.

Bought thru staff price.

The caller ID is just like HP can show no. and name of caller for those saved in memory. This will not be so for the old phones with caller ID display.

Batt last about 3 days with 24 hrs on.

After > 2yrs, lately have incoming calls W/O no or ID (the line fon didn't ring at all). Suspect someone with the same model is ard in the neighbourhood causing cross line that ring my Dect but not the line fon.

Neutral Newbie

Agree with Portege...buying mass production electronics needs abit of luck too!

But after 2 bad experience with Panasonic and Philips, thanks but I will never buy good brands but made in China!! My Panasonic never last me a year...premature death. The Philips last 2 years nia...or is my expectation too high??! [shakehead]

My friend gave me a Siemens Gigaset DECT phone during my housewarming last year...coming 2 years liao...so far so good. Made in Germany some more!! [sunny]

You may want to consider my model -> http://gigaset.com/sg/en/product/GIGASETC590.html

Cheers!

Digging out an old topic, does anyone uses cordless DECT phone with range extender? Is it effective. My requirement is for the cordless signal to be able to reach up to 4 storey.

Anyone has experience with Panasonic TGF 545B with range extender will be good.

Edited by Ct3833