Recommendation for DECT phones (Digital Cordless Phone)

Protege

Just get a mobile phone and slip in a prepaid card. [laugh]

Digging out an old topic, does anyone uses cordless DECT phone with range extender? Is it effective. My requirement is for the cordless signal to be able to reach up to 4 storey.
Anyone has experience with Panasonic TGF 545B with range extender will be good.

↡ Advertisement

Just get a mobile phone and slip in a prepaid card. [laugh]

It will be very strange for a whole family to bring their handphone walking around at home.

Walkie Talkie?

I like a few key functions of a cordless phone,

1. Being able to do paging.

2. Able to call from outisde to reach out to any random family member at home.

3. Intercom.

Walkie talkie does not have function 2.

Edited by Ct3833

I like a few key functions of a cordless phone,

1. Being able to do paging.

2. Able to call from outisde to reach out to any random family member at home.

3. Intercom.

Walkie talkie does not have function 2.

Are you trying to get the phones and range extender from Amazon?

You might as well ask the question on Amazon.

I think TS's concern is about the range extender's compatibility issues with the cordless phones. Buying the same brand shouldn't be an issue but it's better to be safe dan waste money.

I think I saw GainCity selling on the online page but of different brand call vtech.

https://www.gaincity.com/home-appliances/dect-phone/vtech-dect-phone-w-repeater

t0081462.jpg

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 1

Thanks Mistank and watwheels. I am afraid amazon will simply tell me good if i will to ask them, it is why i am here to ask for real life experience. My worries are whether the range extender are really good, compatibility , other pros and cons of those cordless phone, in particular panasonic tgf 545 , or other recommendations from people who have had success story from their other brands setup. It is not an expensive item like a car but just want to avoid buying another white elephant. I do have a real need though.

Edited by Ct3833

Thanks Mistank and watwheels. I am afraid amazon will simply tell me good if i will to ask them, it is why i am here to ask for real life experience. My worries are whether the range extender are really good, compatibility , other pros and cons of those cordless phone, in particular panasonic tgf 545 , or other recommendations from people who have had success story from their other brands setup. It is not an expensive item like a car but just want to avoid buying another white elephant. I do have a real need though.

Maybe you drop a mail to Panasonic and ask them whether it is compatible with you phone type

Even if they don’t want to confirm, the risk is small because don’t cost a lot

Maybe wait Qoo or Lazada got discount or not

Buy one to try, cannot work pass to relative or friends to use lor

Agree, not a difficult decision, just want to avoid white elephant and also to reduce platic waste because may not have that many people want to have a 5 handsets cordless phone setup. Will see how it goes.

Thank you and the rest for your inputs.

• Praise 1

Agree, not a difficult decision, just want to avoid white elephant and also to reduce platic waste because may not have that many people want to have a 5 handsets cordless phone setup. Will see how it goes.

Thank you and the rest for your inputs.

Bought a 4 handset unit, managed to pair up with the existing base. Moved the base to 3rd floor, now the entire house can access the same number without problem. Edited by Ct3833
↡ Advertisement