Honda Stream

Ben123

Neutral Newbie

bro,

dunno which petrol grade tp pump. Is 92 ok for stream? know where to install "protector" to prevent other car door from hitting the car body for stream?

Hi,

Does anyone have the safety concern for the 3rd row passengers in case of rear collision by a heavy lorry travelling at high speed?

I am still considering either a sedan or MPV. Have 3 kids age not more 3yrs old, 1 wife, 1 MIL and 1 maid, so a total of 7 in my family. currently my vios is still sufficient (MIL and maid carry 1 child each, eldest child sit by himself, wife and me in front). But let's say I upgrade to new altis with wider width, behind can still have maid carry the youngest child, MIL and my 2 elder children can have a space on the seat, so only my maid has to suffer in the journey carrying the child. sound very compact but at least all got the rear protection of a boot.

Now if I upgrade to MPV (using Stream as the example for discussion here), everyone can have a decent space on the car seat. But concern will be those seating in the 3rd row because no more boot protection. I heard that by default all MPV will have thicker metal for the rear door to compensate for the lack of boot protection. Is it true for Stream?

Has anyone heard of passengers seating in 3rd row suffered serious injuries due to rear collision?

Am I being thoughtless if i put any of my family members in the 3rd row seats in a MPV, or should I put all 5 members (2adults+3children) in the 2nd row seats leaving the 3rd row empty (and so might as well get a sedan)?

Neutral Newbie

Hi,

Topped up my first tank for Stream with 63.3 litres. Current mileage reads 10.7 km/litre. Was a bit disappointed as I thought I could reach around 12 km/litre. Is there an optimal speed drive to drive say 80 km/h or 90 km/h just to give me a few more km before heading for petrol station? I am using 92 RON petrol.

Neutral Newbie

I realised more streets driving than highway, it's not FC friendly.

However, if your driving routes are more highway, it's definitely one of the

most FC friendly MPV in the market compared to other rides of the same cat. or

even comparable to the sedan.

Of course, most importantly, is our right foot on the acceleration pedal. During run-in,

I'm always between 12.5 - 13.1km/L.

But after run-in, sometimes as low as 9.8 to as high as 11.7. laugh.giflaugh.gif

No offense, what's the point of comparing. Your 3 kids under 3 should have been properly restrained by Child seats.

In a collision,

the 1 seated by himself is exposed to strangulation by the seat belt or at best ribs, shoulder bones fractured by the adult seat belt. The 2 carried by MIL and maid will be flung out of the car, hit their head against the windscreen or side windows.

This is evident by many cases such as the grandis in MY.

So worrying if compact MPV can safeguard the 3rd row is pointless, if you don't even observe basic safety precaution now.

I hazard a guess that properly restrained kids will have a higher chance of surviving an accident as compared to those using adult seat belt or held down by adults.

Me still running in, just finished 1k servicing.

You are right, the stream is made for highway cruising.

My heavy city driving is yielding 10km/l. during run in

But on a round 60km trip 90% highway late at night with very light traffic, I got 18km/l.

The reason for me to consider MPV is that I do not think it is wise to change car too frequently. When kids grow up + maid, MPV is always better as it can carry more people and also more more stuff. You can even carry your kids bicycle for a short outing.

So far, it seems that MPV 3rd row is safe enough. Am I right?

Neutral Newbie

during run-in, I kept below 90km/h. and avoid unneccessary accelerating.

thus, while on highway, always maintained consistent 70 - 80km/h on 2nd lane.

and therefore, seldom on 1st lane, and indirectly minimise chances of overtaking.

ya, pls call me kiasu. tongue.gif

after run-in, most of the time was on 1st lane.

even during street driving, will accelerate alittle more when green lights to my favour.

Neutral Newbie

wow, i tot mine was consider highest...after my 1st full pump,

my highest hit was 16.8km/h. anyway that was the initial reading

after hitting the highway straight after the full tank pump. not

regular reading, so i did not count that as my actual reading.

To Add:

actually, able to hit 10km/l for excessive city driving consider pretty thumbsup.gif

Edited by Simply_lex

10km/l is ok considering my sunny also yield the same for the same travel pattern.

18km/l is based on what was calculated on the trip computer. Not sure how true that is.

running in for me is no brisk acceleration and braking. But will hit 90kmh whenever possible.

One thing for sure, those doing a lot of highway, Stream is properly the best FC small MPV to get.