Government prepared to do more to soften impact of rising food prices

Qpik

Supercharged

SINGAPORE: The Singapore government is prepared to do more to soften the impact of rising food prices

↡ Advertisement

i thought a certain Mr Gan says wage increase not the solution? [rolleyes][rolleyes][rolleyes]

walao.. dun tell me our gahmen becoming like neighbour's? no coordination between ministers ah??? [thumbsdown]

anyway, this piece of news is good to hear. though i foresee empty promises.

somehow i feel better hearing empty promises which are good, than to hear the gahmen wanting to screw us [laugh]

maybe i shd go grab the ST. need my dose of happy news! [flowerface][:)][:)][:)]

Supercharged

u SONG cos some1 placate the public??

i am very scared when i heard "good news" cos "no news is good news".

just look at the LTA survey i already trembling. last time i participated in such survery conducted by NLB n next minute, they implemented cashcard payment for library fines n reservation dizzy.gif

i must learn to be in denial, just like our leaders.

only then can one attain true happiness [cool]

the truth is just too depressing

Turbocharged

u got to be on top in order to be in denial mode. as long u r down here, in denial also no use since u have to pay for the food with hard cash NOW and not next year. [hur]

damn. wad u say is like a tight slap to me. back to my sordid reality [:|]

but then again, talkingco(k got this cute game which allows u to slap various famous pple.. can de-stress for 5 mins [laugh]

SM Goh said: "If necessary, next year, provided we have the surpluses in the budget, we can do some of this. We can do perhaps even more of this to cushion the rising food prices for Singaporeans. Yes you can do more. Do it this year not next year. Alternative like housebrand are not any cheaper than other brands.

fulfil 2 conditions first.... tat sounds like damned strong resolve to do anything

tok is chirp.... 2 condition is almost as guud as zero chance. 鬼话连篇,路是人走出来的

how abt trying out 3 words fr Obama... Yes we can?

yeswecan2.jpg

Turbocharged

yalor... when i heard that sentence from news, first thing cross my mind... dont hope they will do anything to help this year (but of cause, from time to time, they will "announce" they did help the poor" in one way r another but in reality, that is not the case wor..).. and most likely not next as well... maybe the GE year, they will do something but that's a few years to go leh...

so, someone say "increase pay is not the solution"

combine with

someone say "no help this year and IF necessary and provided got surpluses, next year"

i think, basically the message is clear---> u r on your own and dont expect garmen come out $$$ to help pull through this period hor...... [sweatdrop]