DBS Esso Mastercard

Foofam77

Neutral Newbie

How many of you use DBS Esso Mastercard when you pump at Esso?

At the same time, how many use this Card as your primary spending card for non-petrol items?

I am thinking of doing that but am concerned that this Card's reward perks and merchant tie-ups may not be as good as UOB or HSBC credit cards.

Used to accumulate a lot of HSBC points due to Caltex, but because i am switching to Ron-92 ESSO petrol, hence startng to use DBS Esso Mastercard now....

↡ Advertisement

Supersonic

I use DBS Esso mastercard for my petrol and nothing else. Get 10% station discount plus the SMiles points.

For non-petrol spending, I use other cards.

Supersonic

I can also get 14% for Caltex but problem is Caltex does not have RON92 petrol plus not that many stations so quite inconvenient.

star card is only 3% mah. where got 15%

Caltex highest now is with OCBC/HSBC credit cards

Edited by Lala81

How many of you use DBS Esso Mastercard when you pump at Esso?

At the same time, how many use this Card as your primary spending card for non-petrol items?

I am thinking of doing that but am concerned that this Card's reward perks and merchant tie-ups may not be as good as UOB or HSBC credit cards.

Used to accumulate a lot of HSBC points due to Caltex, but because i am switching to Ron-92 ESSO petrol, hence startng to use DBS Esso Mastercard now....

I just applied for esso mastercard also smile.gif

If i'm not wrong the reward points of this card is reset to zero every year. So if you are thinking of getting something out of the rewards system you have no choice but to use it for everything else the points not enough, you get nothing.

I am Using this Citibank Dividend card. Which ever I go pump got rebates in cashback.

Peace Bro angel.gif

same for me... i also use my citi dividend for dining...

i use DBS Esso Mastercard purely for petrol. nothing else.

Esso points system is good. You can redeem $30 worth of petrol for every 750 points. So, it's like 5% upfront + 5% DBS Esso MC discount + $30 off for every $750 purchased (equivalent to another 4% off).

So, it's like 14% off.

DBS points rewards no so attractive. so nothing to redeem anyway.

I use Esso DBS card and smile points... mainly for Petrol usage... non petrol, I use other cards

↡ Advertisement