A different kind of Polis & Theif

Apollo

Ex-addict: CNB officer pressured me into having sex

Waitress alleges she didn't resist advances for fear of problems with her urine sample

By Khushwant Singh

ST_IMAGES_COP_8m.jpg

IN COURT: Phua Jun Yang, 25, is accused of showing leniency in his supervision of the woman's urine tests in exchange for sexual favours. -- ST PHOTO: WONG KWAI CHOW

A RECOVERING drug addict said in court yesterday that she was pressured into having sex with a police sergeant who worked at the centre where she went for urine tests.

The 23-year-old waitress said Central Narcotics Bureau (CNB) officer Phua Jun Yang courted her after they met at the Ang Mo Kio police station last year.

'I did not resist his advances because he was a CNB officer and I was a drug addict,' she said yesterday during the opening day of Phua's trial in a district court.

'I was afraid that if I did not do what he wanted, my urine samples may have problems.'

The 25-year-old Phua is facing allegations that he showed leniency in his supervision of the woman's urine tests in return for sexual favours.

Phua is also accused of contravening the Official Secrets Act (OSA) on Jan 4 last year. Prosecutors say he gave the woman inside information about the activities of a drug dealer.

The pair met on Jan 3 last year, the woman testified yesterday. She was fresh from serving a year at a drug rehabilitation centre for ketamine consumption and had to report for thrice-weekly urine tests to ensure she remained drug-free.

Phua, then attached to the CNB, was manning a computer at the station.

After her urine test, he met the woman outside and asked for her cellphone number.

Phua then sent her text messages asking if he could be her boyfriend.

The woman described him as fierce and said she did not want to offend him.

Two days after their first meeting, Phua took her to his Hougang flat for sex, she said. They later took his dog for a walk before having dinner at a foodcourt.

The woman started crying when Phua's lawyer Vinit Chhabra asked why she did not tell Phua that she felt pressured into the relationship.

Phua treated her with respect and concern as if she were his girlfriend, Mr Chhabra said.

Phua told The Straits Times that he was suspended from the police force without pay last year.

For corruption, he could be jailed for up to five years and fined up to $100,000.

For an OSA offence, he could be jailed for up to two years and fined up to $2,000.

A charge of obtaining sexual favours from another woman, also under drug supervision, and another charge of violating the OSA were stood down. So were three disciplinary charges of getting the cellphone numbers of three other women under drug supervision.

The charges that were stood down can be brought against Phua later at the discretion of the Attorney-General's Chambers.

The trial is expected to last six days.

[email protected]

http://www.straitstimes.com/Free/Story/STIStory_233442.html

CNB occifer bak chew tar stamp si boh?

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

for a moment, i tot ST change their policy and put the bictim's peekture in the papers...

woah.... 2 different version of the story..... now which newspaper is misleading us

http://www.todayonline.com/articles/251767.asp

below taken from Todayonline

Singapore News // Weekend, May 3, 2008 icon_print.gif icon_email.gif icon_feedback.gificon_A%20.gificon_A-.gificon_1c.gificon_3c.gifspacer.gif The waitress and the police officer Relationship began soon after routine urine test for drugs at police station Zul Othman

[email protected] THEIR relationship was forged under the unlikeliest of circumstances: During a routine urine test at Ang Mo Kio police station last year. .She was a 22-year-old waitress who had gone to the station last January for drug supervision while Phua Jun Yang, then with the Central Narcotics Bureau (CNB), was one of the unit's supervisors. .He was said to have struck up a conversation with her after her urine test. The two even exchanged contact numbers. On her way home, she received an SMS from Phua: He asked her to be his girlfriend. She said yes. .It was an act that landed him on the wrong side of the law. .On Friday, Phua, 26, appeared in a district court, accused of getting a bribe in the form of sex a day after he met the waitress. He could be fined $100,000, be jailed for five years or both. .During the course of their courtship, he allegedly revealed official information to his new girlfriend. .For that, Phua was slapped with an Official Secrets Act (OSA) charge and could be fined up to $2,000 and a jail term of up to two years. .The rotund policeman, who is under suspension, is facing another sex-for-favours charge with another drug supervisee he chatted up at the police station, court documents revealed. .But there could be an upside to Phua's predicament: District Judge Jasvender Kaur asked if the charges could be reviewed after the facts of the case were heard. .On the witness stand, the waitress, a slim Chinese girl with dyed-blonde hair, said she agreed to a relationship with Phua via SMS but admitted she did not need anything from the accused in return. .Phua's lawyer Vinit Chhabra said her testimony means the sex was an act of intimacy and not done in exchange for any favours. .The pair had met the day after her urine test at Ang Mo Kio MRT station at around 5.15pm. She claimed she did not want to meet him because "I don't want to keep in contact with a CNB officer". .Despite this, the duo later went to Phua's Hougang flat, where they had sex, after which they left to walk Phua's pet dog and had dinner at a food court in Hougang Point. .While he claimed her as his "girlfriend", Phua allegedly maintained he would not waver in discharging his duties if she turned to drugs again. "He was serious about a relationship with you; that's why he was concerned," argued Mr Vinit. ."I can't believe it," was her reply. "I'm a drug addict, and I don't want a boyfriend in the police force." .She added that she gave in to his demands, as he was a CNB officer and "(she) didn't want to offend him or affect her urine test". .Later, she asked him about the whereabouts of an acquaintance they both knew to be a drug dealer. .He was in jail, came Phua's reply. For this, prosecutors argued, he had committed an offence under the Official Secrets Act. .Judge Kaur wondered what was "so secretive" about asking a policeman what happened to a known criminal. .When no reply was given, she suggested that the OSA and corruption charges be amended, although she did not specify what these should be amended to. .Phua faces five other charges, including three counts of violating the Police Force Act by getting the telephone numbers of three supervisees. .These offences, which are for conduct to the prejudice of good order and discipline of the Singapore Police Force, are being taken into consideration. .The trial continues on Monday.

Relationship began soon after routine urine test for drugs at police station Zul Othman

[email protected] THEIR relationship was forged under the unlikeliest of circumstances: During a routine urine test at Ang Mo Kio police station last year. .She was a 22-year-old waitress who had gone to the station last January for drug supervision while Phua Jun Yang, then with the Central Narcotics Bureau (CNB), was one of the unit's supervisors. .He was said to have struck up a conversation with her after her urine test. The two even exchanged contact numbers. On her way home, she received an SMS from Phua: He asked her to be his girlfriend. She said yes. .It was an act that landed him on the wrong side of the law. .On Friday, Phua, 26, appeared in a district court, accused of getting a bribe in the form of sex a day after he met the waitress. He could be fined $100,000, be jailed for five years or both. .During the course of their courtship, he allegedly revealed official information to his new girlfriend. .For that, Phua was slapped with an Official Secrets Act (OSA) charge and could be fined up to $2,000 and a jail term of up to two years. .The rotund policeman, who is under suspension, is facing another sex-for-favours charge with another drug supervisee he chatted up at the police station, court documents revealed. .But there could be an upside to Phua's predicament: District Judge Jasvender Kaur asked if the charges could be reviewed after the facts of the case were heard. .On the witness stand, the waitress, a slim Chinese girl with dyed-blonde hair, said she agreed to a relationship with Phua via SMS but admitted she did not need anything from the accused in return. .Phua's lawyer Vinit Chhabra said her testimony means the sex was an act of intimacy and not done in exchange for any favours. .The pair had met the day after her urine test at Ang Mo Kio MRT station at around 5.15pm. She claimed she did not want to meet him because "I don't want to keep in contact with a CNB officer". .Despite this, the duo later went to Phua's Hougang flat, where they had sex, after which they left to walk Phua's pet dog and had dinner at a food court in Hougang Point. .While he claimed her as his "girlfriend", Phua allegedly maintained he would not waver in discharging his duties if she turned to drugs again. "He was serious about a relationship with you; that's why he was concerned," argued Mr Vinit. ."I can't believe it," was her reply. "I'm a drug addict, and I don't want a boyfriend in the police force." .She added that she gave in to his demands, as he was a CNB officer and "(she) didn't want to offend him or affect her urine test". .Later, she asked him about the whereabouts of an acquaintance they both knew to be a drug dealer. .He was in jail, came Phua's reply. For this, prosecutors argued, he had committed an offence under the Official Secrets Act. .Judge Kaur wondered what was "so secretive" about asking a policeman what happened to a known criminal. .When no reply was given, she suggested that the OSA and corruption charges be amended, although she did not specify what these should be amended to. .Phua faces five other charges, including three counts of violating the Police Force Act by getting the telephone numbers of three supervisees. .These offences, which are for conduct to the prejudice of good order and discipline of the Singapore Police Force, are being taken into consideration. .The trial continues on Monday. Relationship began soon after routine urine test for drugs at police station Zul Othman

[email protected] THEIR relationship was forged under the unlikeliest of circumstances: During a routine urine test at Ang Mo Kio police station last year. .She was a 22-year-old waitress who had gone to the station last January for drug supervision while Phua Jun Yang, then with the Central Narcotics Bureau (CNB), was one of the unit's supervisors. .He was said to have struck up a conversation with her after her urine test. The two even exchanged contact numbers. On her way home, she received an SMS from Phua: He asked her to be his girlfriend. She said yes. .It was an act that landed him on the wrong side of the law. .On Friday, Phua, 26, appeared in a district court, accused of getting a bribe in the form of sex a day after he met the waitress. He could be fined $100,000, be jailed for five years or both. .During the course of their courtship, he allegedly revealed official information to his new girlfriend. .For that, Phua was slapped with an Official Secrets Act (OSA) charge and could be fined up to $2,000 and a jail term of up to two years. .The rotund policeman, who is under suspension, is facing another sex-for-favours charge with another drug supervisee he chatted up at the police station, court documents revealed. .But there could be an upside to Phua's predicament: District Judge Jasvender Kaur asked if the charges could be reviewed after the facts of the case were heard. .On the witness stand, the waitress, a slim Chinese girl with dyed-blonde hair, said she agreed to a relationship with Phua via SMS but admitted she did not need anything from the accused in return. .Phua's lawyer Vinit Chhabra said her testimony means the sex was an act of intimacy and not done in exchange for any favours. .The pair had met the day after her urine test at Ang Mo Kio MRT station at around 5.15pm. She claimed she did not want to meet him because "I don't want to keep in contact with a CNB officer". .Despite this, the duo later went to Phua's Hougang flat, where they had sex, after which they left to walk Phua's pet dog and had dinner at a food court in Hougang Point. .While he claimed her as his "girlfriend", Phua allegedly maintained he would not waver in discharging his duties if she turned to drugs again. "He was serious about a relationship with you; that's why he was concerned," argued Mr Vinit. ."I can't believe it," was her reply. "I'm a drug addict, and I don't want a boyfriend in the police force." .She added that she gave in to his demands, as he was a CNB officer and "(she) didn't want to offend him or affect her urine test". .Later, she asked him about the whereabouts of an acquaintance they both knew to be a drug dealer. .He was in jail, came Phua's reply. For this, prosecutors argued, he had committed an offence under the Official Secrets Act. .Judge Kaur wondered what was "so secretive" about asking a policeman what happened to a known criminal. .When no reply was given, she suggested that the OSA and corruption charges be amended, although she did not specify what these should be amended to. .Phua faces five other charges, including three counts of violating the Police Force Act by getting the telephone numbers of three supervisees. .These offences, which are for conduct to the prejudice of good order and discipline of the Singapore Police Force, are being taken into consideration. .The trial continues on Monday. Relationship began soon after routine urine test for drugs at police station Zul Othman

[email protected] THEIR relationship was forged under the unlikeliest of circumstances: During a routine urine test at Ang Mo Kio police station last year. .She was a 22-year-old waitress who had gone to the station last January for drug supervision while Phua Jun Yang, then with the Central Narcotics Bureau (CNB), was one of the unit's supervisors. .He was said to have struck up a conversation with her after her urine test. The two even exchanged contact numbers. On her way home, she received an SMS from Phua: He asked her to be his girlfriend. She said yes. .It was an act that landed him on the wrong side of the law. .On Friday, Phua, 26, appeared in a district court, accused of getting a bribe in the form of sex a day after he met the waitress. He could be fined $100,000, be jailed for five years or both. .During the course of their courtship, he allegedly revealed official information to his new girlfriend. .For that, Phua was slapped with an Official Secrets Act (OSA) charge and could be fined up to $2,000 and a jail term of up to two years. .The rotund policeman, who is under suspension, is facing another sex-for-favours charge with another drug supervisee he chatted up at the police station, court documents revealed. .But there could be an upside to Phua's predicament: District Judge Jasvender Kaur asked if the charges could be reviewed after the facts of the case were heard. .On the witness stand, the waitress, a slim Chinese girl with dyed-blonde hair, said she agreed to a relationship with Phua via SMS but admitted she did not need anything from the accused in return. .Phua's lawyer Vinit Chhabra said her testimony means the sex was an act of intimacy and not done in exchange for any favours. .The pair had met the day after her urine test at Ang Mo Kio MRT station at around 5.15pm. She claimed she did not want to meet him because "I don't want to keep in contact with a CNB officer". .Despite this, the duo later went to Phua's Hougang flat, where they had sex, after which they left to walk Phua's pet dog and had dinner at a food court in Hougang Point. .While he claimed her as his "girlfriend", Phua allegedly maintained he would not waver in discharging his duties if she turned to drugs again. "He was serious about a relationship with you; that's why he was concerned," argued Mr Vinit. ."I can't believe it," was her reply. "I'm a drug addict, and I don't want a boyfriend in the police force." .She added that she gave in to his demands, as he was a CNB officer and "(she) didn't want to offend him or affect her urine test". .Later, she asked him about the whereabouts of an acquaintance they both knew to be a drug dealer. .He was in jail, came Phua's reply. For this, prosecutors argued, he had committed an offence under the Official Secrets Act. .Judge Kaur wondered what was "so secretive" about asking a policeman what happened to a known criminal. .When no reply was given, she suggested that the OSA and corruption charges be amended, although she did not specify what these should be amended to.

Relationship began soon after routine urine test for drugs at police station Zul Othman

[email protected] THEIR relationship was forged under the unlikeliest of circumstances: During a routine urine test at Ang Mo Kio police station last year. .She was a 22-year-old waitress who had gone to the station last January for drug supervision while Phua Jun Yang, then with the Central Narcotics Bureau (CNB), was one of the unit's supervisors. .He was said to have struck up a conversation with her after her urine test. The two even exchanged contact numbers. On her way home, she received an SMS from Phua: He asked her to be his girlfriend. She said yes. .It was an act that landed him on the wrong side of the law. .On Friday, Phua, 26, appeared in a district court, accused of getting a bribe in the form of sex a day after he met the waitress. He could be fined $100,000, be jailed for five years or both. .During the course of their courtship, he allegedly revealed official information to his new girlfriend. .For that, Phua was slapped with an Official Secrets Act (OSA) charge and could be fined up to $2,000 and a jail term of up to two years. .The rotund policeman, who is under suspension, is facing another sex-for-favours charge with another drug supervisee he chatted up at the police station, court documents revealed. .But there could be an upside to Phua's predicament: District Judge Jasvender Kaur asked if the charges could be reviewed after the facts of the case were heard. .On the witness stand, the waitress, a slim Chinese girl with dyed-blonde hair, said she agreed to a relationship with Phua via SMS but admitted she did not need anything from the accused in return. .Phua's lawyer Vinit Chhabra said her testimony means the sex was an act of intimacy and not done in exchange for any favours. .The pair had met the day after her urine test at Ang Mo Kio MRT station at around 5.15pm. She claimed she did not want to meet him because "I don't want to keep in contact with a CNB officer". .Despite this, the duo later went to Phua's Hougang flat, where they had sex, after which they left to walk Phua's pet dog and had dinner at a food court in Hougang Point. .While he claimed her as his "girlfriend", Phua allegedly maintained he would not waver in discharging his duties if she turned to drugs again. "He was serious about a relationship with you; that's why he was concerned," argued Mr Vinit. ."I can't believe it," was her reply. "I'm a drug addict, and I don't want a boyfriend in the police force." .She added that she gave in to his demands, as he was a CNB officer and "(she) didn't want to offend him or affect her urine test". .Later, she asked him about the whereabouts of an acquaintance they both knew to be a drug dealer. .He was in jail, came Phua's reply. For this, prosecutors argued, he had committed an offence under the Official Secrets Act. .Judge Kaur wondered what was "so secretive" about asking a policeman what happened to a known criminal. .When no reply was given, she suggested that the OSA and corruption charges be amended, although she did not specify what these should be amended to. .Phua faces five other charges, including three counts of violating the Police Force Act by getting the telephone numbers of three supervisees. .These offences, which are for conduct to the prejudice of good order and discipline of the Singapore Police Force, are being taken into consideration. .The trial continues on Monday.

A different kind of theif [sic]

It's spelt "thief", by the way...

Thieves dress in Lycra to launch audacious raid on cycle shop – walking out with bikes worth thousands
  • Police want to speak to two men in Lycra who visited Cambridge bike shop
  • Thieves had walked out of Station Cycles with two bicycles worth £4,300
  • Cambridge, cycling capital of UK, has had 11,000 bikes stolen in five years

By Keiligh Baker for MailOnline

Published: 20:34 GMT, 8 October 2015 | Updated: 20:39 GMT, 8 October 2015

Thieves launched an audacious raid on a cycle shop when they allegedly walked in dressed in lycra exercise gear and helmets before calmly plucking bikes off the walls and walking out with them.

Police have now released CCTV images of the two men they want to speak to in connection with the incident, which saw two bikes worth a total of £4,300 stolen from Station Cycles in Cambridge on September 11.

Officers say criminals are dressing up as cyclists in order to steal bikes in the historic city - which is known as the cycling capital of the UK - and which has seen 11,000 bicycles stolen in the last five years.

2D2C38BA00000578-0-image-a-12_1444335095

Police have now released these CCTV images of the two men they want to speak to in connection with the theft of two bikes worth a total of £4,300 from Station Cycles in Cambridge on September 11

A new task force has now been set up by Cambridgeshire police to tackle bike thefts, which they say accounts for 20 per cent of crime in the city.

A spokesman for Station Cycles said: 'They came in and were obviously trying to look completely like legitimate cyclists and our staff thought they were trustworthy members of the cycling community.

'The bikes are worth £2,800 and £1,500. We want to get the message out to other bicycle shops that this is what is happening.'

2D2BEDAF00000578-0-image-a-7_14443350272

The men, dressed in Lycra and cycling helmets, walked into the shop and took a bike down from the rack

2D2BEDCB00000578-0-image-a-5_14443350039

They then plucked another bike down from the display, ignoring the CCTV camera pointed in their direction

2D2BEDD500000578-0-image-a-6_14443350144

The two suspects then strolled towards the shop's exit, wheeling the bikes which are worth a total of £4,300

Sergeant Chris Horton, who has launched an appeal for information to track down the thieves, said he believes criminals intent on stealing bikes are donning Lycra and cycle helmets to blend in to their surroundings.

He said: 'This doesn't happen every day but clearly that is the suspicion here and why we would very much like to have identified these two persons and speak with them about this report.'

A cycle crime take force group involving representatives from Cambridge police, British Transport Police, Cambridge City Council, cycle campaign groups, retailers and Cambridge University, has now been set up.

Supermodel Lily Cole had her top-of-the-range Princess Sovereign Pashley bike worth £600 stolen while she was studying History of Art at Cambridge University.

2D2BEF2B00000578-0-image-m-10_1444335048

A spokesman for Station Cycles said: 'They came in and were obviously trying to look completely like legitimate cyclists and our staff thought they were trustworthy members of the cycling community'

2D2BEE0A00000578-0-image-m-11_1444335059

A new task force has now been set up by Cambridgeshire police to tackle bike thefts, which they say accounts for 20 per cent of crime in the city

At the time the flame-haired model says she was particularly upset because the thieves left behind the wicker basket.

She said: 'I think that was the most hurtful part of the ordeal! I bought the bike because it had a nice basket and they just left it there.'

Anyone with information about the men should call the police on 101 or information can also be passed to Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.

Share or comment on this article
MOST WATCHED NEWS VIDEOS
MOST READ NEWS