Is this safe?

Idunspeed

Saw this in Jurong area. 3 of its wheels are 14" but one is 10". The 10" tyre is almost flat due to the weight of the car.

I am just wondering if it is safe to drive a car wif wheels like this? wouldnt the car be swaying towards right???

see attachment.

post-15-1209877547_thumb.jpg

post-15-1209877548_thumb.jpg

post-15-1209877549_thumb.jpg

post-15-1209877547_thumb.jpg

post-15-1209877548_thumb.jpg

post-15-1209877549_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement

Supercharged

TS, the owner of this car has a flat tyre. Under this circumstances, not safe but no choice. So, what you should do if it every happen to you is to keep to the left side and travel slow.

of cos i know its a spare tyre, dude.. [laugh]

according to my friend, this car been driving with its "spare" tyre for weeks. my question is is it safe?? [sweatdrop]

Supercharged

safe if don't go at fast speed especially round the bends.

but, long run might do harm to the car.

Neutral Newbie

well, i tried driving on my spare for about 400 miles before.

cos was in Nevada and can only change a new tire when back in Cali.

its pretty safe.

(edited)

The slim tyre is suppose to be safe to drive with else it will not even make it as a spare tyre..Imagine someone get kill becos of a failed tyre and after changing to a spare tyre. The car manufacturer will be sue to death...The down size of this type of tyre is zero comfortable level as it is slim and light weight....

Edited by Application9999

of cos i know its a spare tyre, dude.. laugh.gif

according to my friend, this car been driving with its "spare" tyre for weeks. my question is is it safe?? sweatdrop.gif

ur 1st post neber said so leh... driven a few weeks yet nothing happen cos b his rim broken and waiting for replacement.

tat's the price of getting sports rim.

of cos i know its a spare tyre, dude.. [laugh]

according to my friend, this car been driving with its "spare" tyre for weeks. my question is is it safe?? [sweatdrop]

not safe

only use for emergency. and must keep it inflated to very high pressure. 60 PSI (not KPA hor.. 60PSI is 410 kpa according to my bike pump gauge

i used the spare up front before. braking and handling are affected. but puncture no choice la..

Supersonic
(edited)
Saw this in Jurong area. 3 of its wheels are 14" but one is 10". The 10" tyre is almost flat due to the weight of the car.

I am just wondering if it is safe to drive a car wif wheels like this? wouldnt the car be swaying towards right???

see attachment.

It is a space saver spare tyre. Many cars come with this type of spare tyres. It has to be inflated to 420 kpa. Safe to use but cannot travel more than 80 km/h. I had used it before for 2 days. No noticable difference when driving!

Edited by Fitvip

i think this guy really no $$$ to buy tyre. he's not even using sports rims. the rest of the tyres are just normal tyre woth covers.

well...i will nnot make any judgments as i do not know the owner of the car. who know they may be going through a rough patch right now. when times are bad, every cent counts.

hope they will be safe and well.

u must drive really sedately [sweatdrop]

for me, i tried to drive slower, but when i need the slight burst of pickup to turn left from a filter lane, kena wheelspin [:|]

not i rev high high then dump clutch hor [:p]

i think to get a replacement stock tyre with metal rim shd cost $50 or less. less than full tank of petrol for the getz [:p]

Neutral Newbie

hmm thought the spare is onli for u to get to the nearest tyre shope to get it change or something... heard it's onli safe to go at most 70km/hr...

Supersonic

That is why the advice is not to go beyond 80 km/h! A "toy tyre" is still a toy tyre! Cannot be treated as a normal tyre. It is to get us to the nearest tyre shop as a bro has pointed out! But in mine case, I did not have the time, so I delayed the repair!

↡ Advertisement