Encounters with 2 old men who think they are very good drivers

Barcode

Don't let this ruin your day. Frankly, forget it.

The cab driver most prob showing off to his passengers. [:/]

First time ranting here so hope all bros/sis can bear with it.

Was at East Coast park last night and when I wanted to turn into the carpark with the Mcdonalds drive thru facility, I noticed 1 Toyota Camry (or Lexus, didn't notice properly) stopped in the middle of the driveway blocking the path partially (there was still some space for me to manoeuver past the said vehicle and enter the Mac Drive Thru though).

I turned into the carpark and thus had to stop behind the Camry naturally. As he was positioned more to the right, I stop my car to his left but didn't move as unsure whether he wanna move or not. As I noticed the Camry driver seems to be talking to some people outside his car (i assume those are his passengers whom he had dropped off) and then there was this auntie (assumed to be the wife) who was walking around the Camry dunno doing what and then started to walk towards the front of the Camry after she noticed my car was behind and waiting for her to clear the path.

I didn't know how long the Camry is going to be parked there and as it was positioned in such a way that i could still manoeuveur past it and enter the Mac Drive-Thru to make my food purchase, I then decided to proceed and steer my way through slowly. Just as I was making the final checks and preparing to step on the gas, the Camry decided to move and my first instinct is to stop and let it move on first. (my front bonnet was parallel to his rear door at that time). Then that spectacled 50+ yr old driver with the arrogant towkay look turned behind and stared hard at me. I waved my hand and indicated that I will let him pass first. However that doesn't seem to appease our seemingly rich and powerful friend at all. The look on his face was like I killed his father. After that he moved his arse and I proceeded with my business.

After I finished buying the burgers, I proceeded to position my car at the exit preparing to make a right turn towards my chalet. Alas, there was this blue lorry parked at the side of the exit, blocking TOTALLY my view of traffic coming from my right. As there was a yellow box outside the exit, I took the chance to inch out slowly after noticing traffic from my right had stopped due to traffic hold-up (many cars at that time). A yellow cab stopped behind the yellow box and I proceeded to move out while at the same time waving thanks to the cab driver to ask for his patience as traffic was still moving on the lane i wanted to turn into. At this time, the cars on the cab driver's lane started to move and this was when the cab driver started to lose his patience and gestured some hand signals and shaking his head apparently commenting to his passengers what a lousy driver i am.

What is wrong with these "old experienced" drivers these days? Or was I in the wrong really? What strikes me is that despite indicating sorry or thanks with a hand wave to these old ppl, some of them dun seem willing to give a little patience on the roads.

I admit i was quite hot after seeing the reaction of the cab driver even though i waved to say advance thanks to him. I gave him a "what you want?" hand gesture and he continued shaking his pathetic head.

OK thanks for giving me space to rant here.

↡ Advertisement

(edited)
his 1...think shrink liao...cannot marikita liao [:p]

You forgotten that there is something which Taiwanese call 'Wei Er Gan' aka 'Wei Ge' which is commonly known in Singapo [inlove][inlove][inlove]

Edited by Mzrmazda3

her front look like road hump at most compared to mt everest, A minus.. where got papaya so big? mai bluff leh...

1) why would i need to recognise every car make and model so accurately? i am no car salesman.

2) With the bright streetlights, the car headlights and the close distance, it's not hard to see the facial expressions of MFs, especially when they are gesturing and shaking their head pathetically.

3) Would u care to advise me then, how else would u have moved out of the exit in that case? Note there is a lorry blocking TOTALLY my view of oncoming traffic. Picture this - you are going to make a right turn into a 2-way BUSY main road but your view of traffic from your right is blocked TOTALLY. If I wasn't going to move into the yellow box once traffic has stopped, how else could i have move out safely? Should i make a guess, turn out suddenly and pray for good luck? [hur] If the lorry wasn't blocking my view then of course i could have waited until a good opportunity comes for me to make my turn.

OK...my point now is nowadays people are sometimes tend to act smarter than they really, trying to look clever.

Very dangerous on the road/internet nowadays lately indeed.

Neutral Newbie

Regardless of whether the old man dulan or not, he still have to give way to you, why let his negativity affect you? You have much more years to enjoy than them, let them do what they want ba.