LTA kept mum abt faulty cashcard?

Apollo

CashCard woes: Specific batch to blame Letter from Suhana Kharudin

Manager, Media Relations

Land Transport Authority I refer to "CashCard Woes: What's to blame?" and "$10 fine an unfair slap" (May 1). . Our investigations show that of the total number of ERP transactions in a month, about 300 cases of infringement are due to CashCard errors. Only five cases a month are due to a faulty IU. The 300 cases have been traced to a specific batch of CashCards issued in 2006, which had earlier passed Nets validation tests at that time. . We are working closely with Nets to determine how they will address the problem and to assure motorists that their cards will work well. . Currently, Nets is the only card issuer for the IUs. LTA is working on the next generation of e-payment system by allowing multiple suppliers to issue contactless smart cards. This will give motorists more options on paying ERP charges. http://www.todayonline.com/articles/251971.asp so really who many drivers were pwned becos of faulty cashcards, why LTA did not come out to state, which cards, wat serial no. and how does LTA intend to compensate them?

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

Today paper NETS stated that there's a batch of cashcard got fault. Let's see how they resolve this. Chances of them to compensate those got fined are as good as zero.

Neutral Newbie

Yea. who can be blamed here? when things happen all will only care abt covering their own backsides.... the world is very xian shi one [angel]

The consumer pays the price for the cxck up of the cash card issuer simply becos your business system of cach card here is MONOPLISED!!!...no competitor and this leaves the masses with NO CHOICE!

This is what you get when the business has been MONOPLISED!! ..just like fuel prices, utilities..etc..etc

Neutral Newbie

Its not LTA's fault. Neither is it NETS. It must be someone low level within NETS that has allowed the error to pass unnoticed. Disciplinary actions will be taken against such individual or individuals if they are found to be at fault. hmm... is there going to be an inquiry? [lipsrsealed][laugh]

Its not LTA's fault. Neither is it NETS. It must be someone low level within NETS that has allowed the error to pass unnoticed. Disciplinary actions will be taken against such individual or individuals if they are found to be at fault. hmm... is there going to be an inquiry?

As usual lah ! No head will roll.

Suspect this had to do with recent Nets announcement of $5 no refundable new card that led to exodus of buying spree on cash card.

Maybe "they" know that they "produced" some inferior quality cards that the only way is to do a GSS to clear stock !! [laugh][laugh][rolleyes]

Neutral Newbie

a COI will be form to look into it...

soon they will give a full report...indicating that as driver we are not to be complacent but must check that our CC is working...

driver with CC problem are all at fault for been complacent...

Turbocharged

the finding: consumer fault since there is already a reminder printed on it, stating very clearly it can be under sun for 4 hrs or so only, if u leave it there longer , not Nets, or LTA fault...

but as a gracious act, NETS will replace the those batch FOC and further improve the future cards which can survive longer sunlight exposure.... [:p]

the person who makes this 4hr resistant card, i think he must have come from iceland or antartic....or maybe from south pole.

do we ever have a history of 4hr sunlight here????

i never had this problem of card dents with those old old cashcard.

Turbocharged

unlikely LTA will admit liability, cos it is 'outsourced' to vendor, which is NETS (that's the purpose... vendor take the sh!t when crap happens)

but depending on the contract, LTA may not be able to do anything to NETS, so in the end, lppl.

i think NETS is own by serveral banks here...... nothing to do with LTA...... only the IU is under LTA.

i dun suppose the IU design has changed since the introductory in 1997...... so what makes me ponder is why NETS made a card that is having lesser n lesser heat resistance wif global warming....does it make sense???

u call NETS n tell them the card got error, they'll give u a sh!t reply saying that it is cause by the IU..... but the IU design was not changed since 1997.... how can it be the cause???? only the quality of the card has been changed.... so now whose's fault????

now the card cost $5 each...... i havent got a chance to get one yet...... i wonder if the dents will appear after 2hrs in the hot sun...

Turbocharged

maybe the design still meet the specs.. they probably over-deliver on the initial batches.. that's why never encountered problem previously.

recent batches could be reduced in quality, yet still meet the requirements.. of coz, whoever came out /approved the specs would need to be shot rifle.gif

Clutched
(edited)

I also kenna... put in a quite new cash card, ERP no detect... cashcard faulty.

Lazy to launch complain... so pay the admin $8 by internet ($2 discount if pay by internet [thumbsup] )

Buy another cash card... also become faulty after using a few times.

Found that card edge got dented mark... the card material is soft...

I put tape at the dented area, it become okay to use again... now still using the taped card [laugh] .

Edited by Ncss

"COMPENSATE"...HA HA...U and I will pay for our mistake...But there are always others whom are excuse from the norm... [;)]

↡ Advertisement