Do u put on a "new" persona at work?

Chickenfarm

(edited)

Just curious...

I see alot of wayang everyday - pple talking and joking like sister / bros but soon after the "gathering", they bad-mouth each other. I have pple telling me "colleagues can nvr be frens".

I oso have pple telling me tt, "For survival sake, I can even lunch wif the murderer of my parents bcos I need to get what I want".

Do u put on a different persona at work as a strategic "defence" mechanism or the so-called "survival in the jungle" or do you have many colleagues practising this infront of you?

Edited by Chickenfarm
↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

I duno about the lunching with murderer part but i think the

bad-mouthing part is quite common. dun happen only with colleagues

but friends too.

Do you siam them or do you practice the "survival skill" oso?

Maybe that's why I dun have frens (when I was working for others) bcos I siam this kind of pple totally cos I find it a waste of my time to wayang with them.

i tink lunching with muderer is a bit exagerating... but the rest i'm quite sure it happens everywhere... [sweatdrop]

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Life is one big show isn't it.. I learnt this the hard way very hard for being frank and who I am, right now paying the price for it.

There is a difference between these people and those that you really call as frens.

These people will badmouth you behind and stab you in the back,

Whereas true frens or collegues will tell you straight in the face and stab you from the front.

Edited by Scoop

Why be fake? Why are you living a life for others?

Just curious...

I see alot of wayang everyday - pple talking and joking like sister / bros but soon after the "gathering", they bad-mouth each other. I have pple telling me "colleagues can nvr be frens".

I oso have pple telling me tt, "For survival sake, I can even lunch wif the murderer of my parents bcos I need to get what I want".

Do u put on a different persona at work as a strategic "defence" mechanism or the so-called "survival in the jungle" or do you have many colleagues practising this infront of you?

Supercharged

not that we are living for others.

we wayang in front of others becuase we need the others to get what we want.

its all politics.....

when you know u need a big raise or a promotion, and you know that you need this person to push for your pay raise and promotion, wouldn't you be extra nice to this person, even if this person is a SOB?

we are very practical.

How is it different from bootlicking?

Its amazing how Singapore betray themselves and conscience just to get that promotion or extra bonus.

Neutral Newbie

wayang in front of colleagues and frenz.. is already a common sight in this society..

until we don't even know which is the real side..

[sweatdrop]

Neutral Newbie

in order for things to move, everyone is relying on one another.

in fact, to make your life easier in workplace too.

林子祥 says 改变自己来适应环境.

and seriously don't think it helps on pay matters. Unless, the boss is blind

or the boss is tiko.

I dont wayang. I come in b4 8.30am, do my work and leave at 5.30pm sharp. Seldom lunch wif colleagues and never meet them after work. As long as finish my job n produce results for my boss, I still get my increment and bounus at year end.

But I do see others wayang in my workplace. I just ignore. Talk less, work more.

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

haiz.. i still need a lot of practise to be able to be in the top ten awards..

[dead]

Edited by Iceklsy