Do u put on a "new" persona at work?

Chickenfarm

I'm not a popular figure either [nod] Pple say I'm arrogant cos I dun mix around.

Now worse, my employees all shun me [:/]

Neutral Newbie

i am doing the same tings as u ..

as long as i finish my job, lol.. However

Two days of MC and when i come bac, the story become, i deliberate go in hiding when something happens.

i got tons of back stabs and gonna lose my job real soon.

[laugh]

Hypersonic

i think it is normal for people to not mix freely with their bosses....very asian...

bosses and subordinate normally have this gap to main someform of decorum

[nod] In my younger days, I kena for nothing [mad]

One of my colleague comes to my office and bitch on and on about our female boss. KNN...I can't stop her from talking rite? But the farking thing was...all these while my female boss was standing outside listening in [sweatdrop]

Then she suddenly appeared and told the 2 of us to go into her office.

When in there, she [furious] us for badmouthing her. I ask her what did I said about her and she couldn't answer but she continued to [furious] me.

I came out of her orpit and immediately typed my resignation letter. Went into her office and literally threw the letter at her. Told her I dun want a moron as my boss [nod]

Then I sat at home for 4 months looking for a job [sweatdrop][sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

Those were my chong tong days but kena sabo by colleague so bo pian [:/]

Now I everyday lim kopi and surf mcf - very happy [thumbsup][shakehead]

Neutral Newbie

that Y...

if you able to find that colleague of your.. he might kena his karma liao.. [lipsrsealed]

but u now ho say liao, cos u not the one bad mouthing... [thumbsup]

Hypersonic

don feel sad [;)]

life as a boss is always lonely [nod]

my boss is also like that [sweatdrop]

he is nice and sincere guy [thumbsup]

he truly believes in the vision of our company [sunny]

but that does not mean that he does not [furious] us [sweatdrop]

the onli prob is that he expects us to give 100% to the company [sweatdrop]

but we cant as we have families [sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

Supercharged

i think most of us been thru similiar situations like yours.....

kena framed or kena for nothing..... sigh..... [shakehead]

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

th_SmileCry.jpg

Once upon a time.....

my boss planted a spy(another colleague) beside me, though i do not know his

rationale behind. So, all along this colleague has been digging info regards to

my overall views/complaints in our weekly meeting discussion/did this ex-colleague

contact you lately.

I started to get suspicious when one of the other HOD ask me if i had went

for a job interview in this so and so company, and ask if I can consider to go over his

dept instead.....I was shocked but remain calm..... (to add: this HOD is buddy buddy with boss)

however, i did not avoid this colleague(spy). Instead i "borrow" him to pass msgs that not "suitable" for me to tell my boss face to face.

from that moment on, I don't trust anyone so easily in working society.

I treat ALL as actors infront of me.

Edited by Hectos

in many cases, how the boss behave is very impt. if she/he is as u've decribe, then it will promote a lot of distrust amongst his employees. what make the spier no think he is being spied on too. my previous company, boss chiong like crazy, so all sabordinates also chiong, all incur huge expenses, head office kpkb. then boss try to restrict employees, all employees say no chiong cannot built relationship....so boss lan lan.

now new place better. all more mature thinking. ang mo and locals working closely. not happy talk face to face. no need to back stab.

Turbocharged
i think it is normal for people to not mix freely with their bosses....very asian...

bosses and subordinate normally have this gap to main someform of decorum

Not always. My first job was in a jap company. Manager was a jap, since the company was still starting up manufacturing ops at that time. Staff very close in those 'fire-fighting' days. I remember always have frequent after-work outings for the department or work unit - any excuse also can [laugh], welcome new staff, send off attached staff, farewells, hit production target, etc. Till today, I've never encountered such atmosphere between boss and subordinate like those early days... [:)]

(edited)

For my department still ok,if wana shoot,just shoot infront with boss around..but in suan and joking way..still ok

but against other department,muz know how to counter.sometimes they sent email like like too CC top management funny is that when rebutt back to them,their department head will reply in more biased way as written from the content of the email to defend their own people..worst still dont know head dont know tail kana self pwned [laugh]

sometimes can see who the one who 3 leg who is not...see liao also [shakehead] but heck care la..as long as i do my job hiew lan..even if management F me,just ask F them back...as if they are the boss..only boss has the right to F employee and not the rest right...worst come to worst..can sack me..then take 1 month pay extra [laugh]

Edited by Freestylers09
↡ Advertisement