40% of Singapore households will be millionaires by 2017, forecasts wealth manager, will you be one?

40% of Singapore households will be millionaires by 2017, forecasts wealth manager, will you be one?  

63 members have voted

1. 1.

• YES!!!
    • not me.. sob sob
    • you must be kindding.. how to eat concrete?

Sure! Why not? But by 2017, petrol will be 5 bucks per litre, rice will be 100 bucks per 10 kg, 4RM HDB will be at least 500K....

millionaires in SGD ?

Of course.... with inflation at 7%, by 2017 (or 20 years later), S$1 now will become S$100... then, so, ... of course many people will be SGD millionaires.

Probably by then, the top 10% are billionaires, and the cream of the cream are trillionaires.

A loaf of bread probably cost S$50.

1 litre of RON98 petrol (if we're still using petrol then) will probably cost $15.

A Toyota Corolla probably cost $300,000.

Being millionaire is no longer a challange, and definitely does not equate rich and wealth in today's standard.

I have heard that the stadnard of yesteryear millionaire is now equate to $100 million.

Then you are qualified to be in the "club".

Turbocharged

which category to count?

1. Citizen

2. singapore resident

3. those that own a house here (include those that buy house here for investment only)

i think if cat 3, 40% of households possible.

hummm. guess u never watch nong nong ago, jack neo produced movie.

we are already a millionaire since baby time.

what forecast is that? crap la.

you can calculate yoursel, lol.

we also can be billionaire when we change money to rupiah, or largi better, go zimbabwee change to their currency and see how many zeros you can get.

this sort of report is useless and its like these managers got nothing else better to do and try to 'forcast' like weatherman, except weatherman is more accurate and based on scientific facts.

Sometimes i pity all these working ppl who are helplessly reading these kinda nonsense report. They are out to smoke ppl. And for some to justify the increase of all these prices and own pay. [hur] Come on, for average household with 4 to 5K income, and with all the liabilities like housing loan, car loan etc. Do we really think we can become "millionaire" one day? Just be honest to yourself and be realistic.

Neutral Newbie
Not surprising.....

Indonesia there are many many millionaires starving.

[laugh][laugh][laugh]

If i am not wrong, they take into consideration, ur assest (liability) ur house, ur car, ur share. regardless fully paid or not. Crap lor. this sh*t report is all wayang.

Sure! Why not? But by 2017, petrol will be 5 bucks per litre, rice will be 100 bucks per 10 kg, 4RM HDB will be at least 500K....

With oil prices already hitting past the USD$123 per barrel and the petrol cartels here taking everybody for a ride, I think by 2017, 2010 we'll hit $5 per litre liao...

↡ Advertisement