Is it a good time to buy a landed property to stay now?

Milgram

I agree that its always a trade off in life.

To me, life is not about just about making money (thats not to say that making money is unimportant)

However the following questions beckon......

How do we spend the money to balance our lives?

How do we use the money to gain happiness in the form of comfort and time saved.

How do we use the money to improve the life experiences of first and foremost our loved ones

No it also isnt about YOLO.

But the truth is that life is short and we all have basically only one go at it.

Finding that balance is really not easy

Acheiving that balance is even more difficult.

So for me to own and live in a house that i can truly afford (whether i need the space or not) instead of just thinking about how much money i can make by renting it out is more worthwhile.

The true value of money is gain only when you spend itð

Anyway, i shouldnt talk too much about this, since i only own and live in pigeonhole in punggol. ðªð­

Ageee.

But you trade off what? you trade lolek, drive porky, that (pigeon)hole must be quite big.

Haha.

↡ Advertisement

For roof I used Sika waterproofing products.

My humble advice is use reliable branded waterproofing material and not those unknown China brand.

The other thing is don't get sweet talked into installing solar panel water heater. You will regret in years to come.

yup, those cheapo ones is a good product to use for car doors sound proofing.

• Praise 1

So far for me, my landed holds value much better in the long run,. Bad times also can sell at a reasonble price

I'll have to agree with that though other aspects not soo good e.g. rental yield cos for the price you pay for landed one can get 2 Condos with much higher rental yields.

I see landed as my retirement fund ... I am not a big stock and share kind of guy (just got my fingers AND toes - all 10 of them burnt by Ms Olivia Lum). When I retire, I'll likely sell and downgrade.

Ageee.

But you trade off what? you trade lolek, drive porky, that (pigeon)hole must be quite big.

Haha.

I hard life you no see.

You only see my bling bling and fast wheels.....

Porky already sold in 2017, now only a B&B SUV.

Last night i stress until woke up with a stiff neck this morning.

Unemployed, under 50, wife not working, two kids, very siong leh, bro.

No rich parents

No rich parents in law

No joke

But luckily still got hands and legs, and good relationships.

Thank God..

I hard life you no see.

You only see my bling bling and fast wheels.....

Porky already sold in 2017, now only a B&B SUV.

Last night i stress until woke up with a stiff neck this morning.

Unemployed, under 50, wife not working, two kids, very siong leh, bro.

No rich parents

No rich parents in law

No joke

But luckily still got hands and legs, and good relationships.

Thank God..

There many out there in the same situation as you and they still didn't make it. So, beside yourself, it is still 'luck'. Of course if you choose to do nothing and wait for luck, the day is still young. Haha

There many out there in the same situation as you and they still didn't make it. So, beside yourself, it is still 'luck'. Of course if you choose to do nothing and wait for luck, the day is still young. Haha

Ok, i listen to your advice.

I pray hard for Luck.

I agree that its always a trade off in life.

To me, life is not about just about making money (thats not to say that making money is unimportant)

However the following questions beckon......

How do we spend the money to balance our lives?

How do we use the money to gain happiness in the form of comfort and time saved.

How do we use the money to improve the life experiences of first and foremost our loved ones

No it also isnt about YOLO.

But the truth is that life is short and we all have basically only one go at it.

Finding that balance is really not easy

Acheiving that balance is even more difficult.

So for me to own and live in a house that i can truly afford (whether i need the space or not) instead of just thinking about how much money i can make by renting it out is more worthwhile.

The true value of money is gain only when you spend itð

Anyway, i shouldnt talk too much about this, since i only own and live in pigeonhole in punggol. ðªð­

Well said.

I have a friend who just bought a landed at age 49 years old and taking loans to realize his dreams of staying in a landed. Sold his condo. I wish I am as brave as him.

Well said.

I have a friend who just bought a landed at age 49 years old and taking loans to realize his dreams of staying in a landed. Sold his condo. I wish I am as brave as him.

Maybe he sold his condo for $4mil and used it for a Landed.

One for one, or maybe a small loan, ok lah, Bro

Don't think it is a big loan but the leverage has definitely went up. I think he is expecting to work another 10 years to pay down the loan but i think he has a good job and i am sure he has done his maths. He doesn't believe in financial instruments, so his primary residence is also his biggest investment asset.

What if he kena retrenched?

Don't think it is a big loan but the leverage has definitely went up. I think he is expecting to work another 10 years to pay down the loan but i think he has a good job and i am sure he has done his maths. He doesn't believe in financial instruments, so his primary residence is also his biggest investment asset.

My folks thinking about purchasing a landed (F/H) property now (to stay). It's about 980K. Land size 1300 sqft, built up about 1500 sqft. Is it wise for them to get it now? Is the price okay?

Thanks. gossip.gif

Yes, I think it would be a good time to purchase the price, due to the market downturn.

This is a very easy to maintain theme.

Since 2000 when off-form concrete was featured in many Japanese designs, i have fallen in love with the really cool style and raw feel. So i have incorp this style into my new house.

The Modular cabinet system by USM is from Switzerland. Also not cheap.

↡ Advertisement