Boring but true encounter

Legendkiller

Bro, thumbsup.gif to you drivingcar.gifdrivingcar.gifdrivingcar.gif

These young Gin Nas really beh gan one thumbsdown.gifthumbsdown.gifthumbsdown.gif

In their mind, they think that their Civic Type R is the hiong-est & fastest ride which can chiet & makan many other rides, putting them to shame unimpressed.gif

PUI ...

Most likely is Lau Peh got lui that's why can afford such a ride at a young age unimpressed.gif

Like I said, a tree is waiting for them...just dun drag others in...furious.gifPosted ImagePosted Image

↡ Advertisement

Ya man... but i think the VTEK ppl will support VTEK... cos their blood got VTEK the greatest discovery since toothpaste

Not KY-Jelly meh???rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Turbocharged
how come i havent mellowed down... last time racing now i whack people .. [confused]

You still dare to say! [laugh][laugh][laugh][smash]

Neutral Newbie
Sometimes i really wonder what goes through the mind of some drivers on our local road.

I was travelling on ECP at about 2330hrs last night, en route home from a nice dinner. In a mellow mood, I was merely cruising along at 80-90kmh in the middle lane, minding my own business while listening to the soothing of Norah Jones on the CD player telling me something about the night being lonely.

The enjoyment was interrupted first by some loud exhaust noise from behind me, and then by a pair of glaring HID headlights that belonged to the same car. The car began tailgating my porsche for no reason at all. I guessed from my earlier years of street racing that he wanted an impromptu race with me. The temptation to give in was really strong. But what really stopped me was the thought of my wife and kids waiting at home for me. So I signalled left and gave way, filtering to the third lane to let the fast and furious zoom pass.

The nuisance of a car pulled up next to mine, and I saw that it was a white civic Type R, belonging to the latest generation. The driver was young and so were his 3 grinning male passengers. Some unidentified disco music was playing from their stereo, at a volume that made me worry for the aural health of the 4 young men in the car. I waved them on, indicating that I am not in the slightest interested to race.

The passenger gave me a thumbs down sign with a smirk and they blasted off into the night. Yeah I was pissed off a little but I refrained from doing what would have given me immense hedonistic satisfaction at that point in time, which was to plant the right foot on the accelerator and unleash the steeds of hell, all 500 of them, on the object of my ire. Instead I chose to follow my original plan of arriving home to my loved ones safely. I guess age does mellow a man to a certain extent.

Instead of writing a story filled with excitement, I guess the truth is more appropriate here. Please drive safely. You can never be the fastest on the roads forever. :)

To the driver of the civic, if you're here and reading this: yes i could have raced you. But unlike you, I probably have a lot more at risk than you. Just enjoy yourself but mind your safety and the safety of others. Cheers! [;)]

respect to you manzzz...those punks nothing to do manzz...hope they get their hard lesson soon...cool bro...

Sometimes i really wonder what goes through the mind of some drivers on our local road.

I was travelling on ECP at about 2330hrs last night, en route home from a nice dinner. In a mellow mood, I was merely cruising along at 80-90kmh in the middle lane, minding my own business while listening to the soothing of Norah Jones on the CD player telling me something about the night being lonely.

The enjoyment was interrupted first by some loud exhaust noise from behind me, and then by a pair of glaring HID headlights that belonged to the same car. The car began tailgating my porsche for no reason at all. I guessed from my earlier years of street racing that he wanted an impromptu race with me. The temptation to give in was really strong. But what really stopped me was the thought of my wife and kids waiting at home for me. So I signalled left and gave way, filtering to the third lane to let the fast and furious zoom pass.

The nuisance of a car pulled up next to mine, and I saw that it was a white civic Type R, belonging to the latest generation. The driver was young and so were his 3 grinning male passengers. Some unidentified disco music was playing from their stereo, at a volume that made me worry for the aural health of the 4 young men in the car. I waved them on, indicating that I am not in the slightest interested to race.

The passenger gave me a thumbs down sign with a smirk and they blasted off into the night. Yeah I was pissed off a little but I refrained from doing what would have given me immense hedonistic satisfaction at that point in time, which was to plant the right foot on the accelerator and unleash the steeds of hell, all 500 of them, on the object of my ire. Instead I chose to follow my original plan of arriving home to my loved ones safely. I guess age does mellow a man to a certain extent.

Instead of writing a story filled with excitement, I guess the truth is more appropriate here. Please drive safely. You can never be the fastest on the roads forever. :)

To the driver of the civic, if you're here and reading this: yes i could have raced you. But unlike you, I probably have a lot more at risk than you. Just enjoy yourself but mind your safety and the safety of others. Cheers! [;)]

Very good!! [thumbsup]

Like what I always tell people ... no prize .... win liao ... so what?

If got prize ... those drivers in the race won't be behaving like that liao.

What are these guys thinking of? Civic, even if type R, against a porsche? If you really pia with him and go through a corner with him at 100km/h+, he will probably end up on the other side of the road... These guys are crazy.

Kudos to you for resisting the temptation.

Neutral Newbie

Dear all

Thanks your all your time and replies...

I wish to clarify the following:

1. This thread is merely posted to share my thoughts and experience. Not to fish for applause or respect. There are a lot of time where I gunned the throttle harder than necessary just for the thrill of it. Its just that its harder posting about those times! [laugh]

2. I personally feel the new Civic Type R is a good car. Have ridden in one belonging to a bro here. Feels very balanced actually. Even if the car encountered that night was another porsche or any other make, I would still write the post the way it happened. No discrimination to any car makes!

3. Thank you everyone for your kind and encouraging replies. I would urge everyone not to flame the car make.. Its not Honda's obligation to inculcate good driving behaviour in the buyers of their cars. At least they did not include the instruction "Tailgate, as closely as possible, every other car you meet to prove your superiority" in their owner's manual! [;)]

4. If everyone reading this can be a little bit more cautious about the way they drive, it would make writing this worthwhile already.

Cheers all.

LK

my buddy driving a STi kena the same thingy from a CTR, along TPE few days ago.....

when the dude drive beside him.... he wind down his window & give tat dude a big yawn150807.jpg

think it s SJA plate, black CTR..

alamak..... chiong one again ar!!!!

my buddy told me single exhuast with spoiler.....

my mscp @ Bt Batok Central has a chiong white "CTR"....

white FD2, but with "CTR" spoiler & mugen kit.... single exhaust...... but auto tranny....

It seems like having a car over 100k is common biz in singapore, be it matured men or young just outta sch punks, or even kids in the sophomore years. Singaporean really so rich meh...

Speed is all about money....U put in more money...you get more speed...I am more thrill to put my money out and realise I have more than the rest...at least that won't risk others and my life...too bad it is still and probably forever a dream....ha ha...why risk other road users life to fulfill some personally thrill and ego....Hope they will be "Gone With The Wind" very soon... [;)][;)]

↡ Advertisement