E200 Compressor Problem...

Bladerunner

Hi guys, have anyone change their 2004 E200 compressor b4? Recently, went to a mechanic to check the lost of power and also sound coming from the engine, they mentioned need to change the compressor plus some ball bearings or something. Was quoted ard $3000 plus. Is it reasonable? Thanks in advance.

↡ Advertisement

Sorry bro, not very sure, but he did mentioned something like turbo compressor... paiseh, cos me not very technical [:p]

1.8 kompressor ...$3000, quoted by c&c?

why dont u go and get them to quote first and work from there.

also check MBM at sin ming.

Seems like MBM is very famous? Whats it's speciality? Mercedes or racing cars?

My family's in a discussion if we should sell our E200 Kompressor 7yr old for a MPV as we kinda got a extended family now. But I feel 80% of the time the car will be driven with 1 or 2 pax so it's not efficient to get a MPV.

Anyway I'm also looking for cheap mercedes workshop. But I've got very good sources for cheap OEM parts that works very well.

Hi Bladerunner, I noted from your posting that C&C quoted you S$3000+ for the compressor plus some ball bearings or something.

I am sure that they will provide you with a detail list that needs to be done, contingency costs for replacement costs on wear and tear items that can only be known after removing the compressor and inclusive of their labour charge.

At the same time, get a quote from the workshop at Sin Min and make an apple to apple comparison.

C&C labour cost is one item that is definitely higher than outside workshop. The other item to compare is the warranty period for the works done.

Hi Kianbeng, as you have mentioned in your posting that 80% of the time the MPV will be driven with 1 or 2 pax, higher fuel consumption on the MPV has to be considered.

ya lor. But it's the bonding and fun you get when the whole family of 8ppl or so squeeze into a MPV lor. Especially on long trips. But I think it's rare lor.

But in any case, keeping the W210 also is high operating cost due to it's big cc, heavy body and expensive repairs.

So I think getting MPV or keeping the W210 is about the same. No diff.

ok will check them out. Previously we were with super workshop at paya leba area. Super workshop pride themselve with most updated Mercedes repair skills since they claim they always go and subcontract some of their staff to work for C&C when C&C got labour shortages.

But recently I've been going to CityAuto at SinMing since it's nearer. Sometimes an oil change at Ubi or SinMing makes no big difference to the car since I usually buy my own spare parts.

But does MBM allows BYO spare parts?