Can maintain shine without washing?

Kelpie

1. Lately, weather hot and no rain. So the black car shine is sorta maintained but dusty.

2. Is there a way to get rid of the dust without disturbing the shine of the body? By washing the car, the wax should have been stripped off. Thought of using cloth to wipe but some large dust particules may just scratch the surface by doing so.

Please advise me. Thank you very much.

Regards,

↡ Advertisement

No lah, feather duster can't eliminate dust and dirt that stick to the car body especially edges.

Regards,

Neutral Newbie

I usually use a feather duster to dust off (lightly as not to scratch the surface) then use quick detailer to wipe of those dust that stick on the surface.

You can use a QD if car is just a little dusty. [nod][nod][nod]

I'm perform a wipe down with final inspection if car is just slightly dusty, else will usually use OCW after washing.

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

I will suggest you hose down the car first to remove any heavy dust or dirt, perform sheeting action to remove most of the water beads and than wipe dry with a QD. This will pretty much maintain the shine without having to wash the car BUT only use this method when the car is just dusty.

Edited by Gen2

Depend if you have been driving, if got drive, then I think using car shampoo wash the best. Till today, if my car dirty or dusty I wont touch until i have a chance to wash it. The dust and oil that is picked up when driving is no joke. I know as I rode a bike(ST) before, my jacket is always oily and dirty. laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

So I dunno why some of us can wash car with just water, how to remove the oil etc??

anyway, IMHO only lah.

Depend if you have been driving, if got drive, then I think using car shampoo wash the best. Till today, if my car dirty or dusty I wont touch until i have a chance to wash it. The dust and oil that is picked up when driving is no joke. I know as I rode a bike(ST) before, my jacket is always oily and dirty.

So I dunno why some of us can wash car with just water, how to remove the oil etc??

anyway, IMHO only lah

1. Erm...you see, I've shampoo, turtle wax and color cure the car about a week ago. The shine is still good but it is now plagued with dust on the car surface. So without repeating the process again, I wonder whether there is an easier way out.

2. Of course, I can still leave it for a few more weeks if the weather is good and that will save time/effort to do the shampoo, wax and color cure the car every weekend.

Regards,

will suggest you hose down the car first to remove any heavy dust or dirt, perform sheeting action to remove most of the water beads and than wipe dry with a QD. This will pretty much maintain the shine without having to wash the car BUT only use this method when the car is just dusty.

May be can add a bit of those shampoo + wax solution and mix with water than slowly wipe away the dust. QD har...don't know whether Turtle wax got QD or not? Will check in JB this weekend.

Regards,

Thanks. I will look for it when in JB. How much did you pay for one in SG?

Regards,

(edited)

hee! i need to wash as even want to dust also cannot, as my car white colour. laugh.giflaugh.gif

That is why no choice every week need to wash once, if not I can see cat paw mark or even locate where the cat slept too. laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Edited by Davidcks

Neutral Newbie

Aiyo.. 我的媽﹗So lazy... got simpler method to make ur car sparlking clean w/o washing let me know also.. else i think traditional washin BEST.. ! My grey colour car 2 weeks also need to a wash once... else damn dirty... cos drive frm east 2 west daily.. haiyz.. better stop talkin here liaoz n prepare my pail n shampoo...